CHAPTER 6

Your forehead brushed over your sheets, teeth sinking into your lip so hard you were surprised you didn't taste blood. You felt delirious, high on pleasure as you pushed your hips back, meeting his thrusts with a smile. One hand was on your hip, fingers digging into your skin and making you gasp.

"Oh my God," you heard yourself sigh.

It was late, too late, and concerns about having to get up fairly early were long gone.

His cock slid in and out of you with a slow pace, now, his bare chest moving to press against your back. You could feel his lips grazing over the skin of your neck, tongue darting out to taste it. You sharply inhaled when your knees collapsed beneath you, his entire body covering yours.

You rested your chin on your mattress, looking up to watch him thread his fingers through yours. The rings on his fingers were cool against your warm skin, and you absentmindedly counted them one...two...three... — as he pressed his face into the crook of your neck.

You sat up with a gasp, heart racing as the memory clouded your mind. Like everyone before it, it was so vivid, hand still tingling and body still shuddering. You looked over at the man next to you, relieved to see that you hadn't woken Rafe up. His face was turned away from you, light snores leaving him, and you slowly moved to get out of bed.

You grimaced when he groaned, and you watched with bated breath as he shifted, only feeling relieved when he remained asleep. You tugged on his shirt that you were wearing, biting your lip as you slipped out of his room and downstairs. The house was dark, everyone else fast asleep, but with that memory still at the forefront of your mind, you knew you wouldn't find sleep anytime soon.

The more memories that came back, the more unsure you were starting to feel.

Truthfully, it wasn't just the memories that were the problem.

Ever since that day at the club, a day that still made you shiver whenever you thought about it, keeping Rafe's hands off of you became a full-time job.

It was like once he'd been given an inch, he wanted to take it all. If he wasn't waking you up with his face between your legs, then he was cornering you in the kitchen and wouldn't pull away until Sarah or Wheezie came down and complained. His hand often found itself between your legs whenever he drove, and no amount of light protesting from you seemed to deter him.

It wasn't all that concerning before. After all, you were his girlfriend and he missed being with you, touching you. That was understandable, but his eagerness to get back to that place where you used to be was borderline scary at times. He didn't seem to have a care as to where you were, who you were around, or even your blatant discomfort.

It made you wonder on what your dynamic was like before.

Maybe this was normal for you two? Maybe it was something you were into before? You wanted to bring it up with him, but you found yourself focusing on more important things than a horny boyfriend. You reached up, and you brushed your fingers over the necklace at your throat.

A year and a half was a long time to make up and give a necklace back, but it still didn't answer your question.

What were you so mad at Rafe about?

You didn't remember what happened leading up to the argument, nor what happened after, but your anger had been so visceral. Even as you closed your eyes and replayed the memory, you could recall the way your body had been overheating from anger alone. You could remember the deep ache in your chest, hear the heartbreak in your voice.

What had Rafe done?

And then there was the memory from tonight. The obvious answer seemed like Rafe. Rafe was your boyfriend, had been for a while, so it was obviously him that you'd been having sex with. However, the night in which Rafe had stumbled home drunk and high out of his mind plagued you more than you wanted to admit.