CHAPTER 9

You had stopped fighting against Rafe, too in shock by the out of body experience you'd just had. His hand was still around your throat, eyes alight with anger and lips curled into a sneer. You felt so cold, hands clammy, and chest aching as you stared at the man who had betrayed your trust and taken advantage of you in ways you didn't think you'd even be able to verbalize.

Rafe had been your friend.

He'd been your best friend, and when you hadn't returned his feelings, feelings he'd made clear at his own sister's birthday party, he'd lashed out. He'd gotten angry, mean, and then... He'd tried to rape you. He would've succeeded, that much you knew, if it hadn't been for JJ.

The disgust and anger that you felt was nothing in comparison to your fear.

Rafe had stooped to levels you hadn't even known he was capable of, and you wanted to be sick. You stared into his eyes, his breathing heavy while you felt like yours had stopped entirely. Your hands were shaking, and Rafe was about to speak again when you let out a choked sob. Rafe wasn't your boyfriend. He'd never been your boyfriend...

He was your tormentor.

"I know what you did," you breathed.

Your voice was almost inaudible, but Rafe still heard you. The smirk on his lips was mirthful, mocking, and he tilted his head.

"What...? What did I do?"

Your own breathing started to pick up, and the longer you just stared at him, gaze tearful, that was when Rafe's face started to fall. You watched as he swallowed, his grip on you loosening until he let you go completely. He took a step back, his own eyes stricken, and your tears finally spilled over.

"Whatever JJ told you," he slowly started, and you shook your head.

"He didn't tell me anything," you choked out. "He didn't...he didn't want to spring that on me."

You didn't even care that you just gave yourself and JJ away, too in shock about your new nightmare.

"I remember..."

Rafe's gaze hardened, and he raised his hand towards you. The air around you was tense.

"You chose those Pogues over me..."

"No-."

"You did!"

You jumped, your back grazing the wall as Rafe glared at you.

"I was prepared to give you everything. I still am, but you wanted to be a traitor to your own kind," he spat. "You-!"

"You tried to rape me," you cried. "What did I do that could've possibly warranted that? Nothing!"

You tried to get past him, but Rafe blocked your path.

"Rafe..."

You swallowed, and he took a step towards you.

"I...I messed up-."

"What you did wasn't just some little mistake," you whispered.

"I fucked up, I know that," he screamed. "...but you never even gave me a chance to right it. You never..."

"Why would I? You ruined our friendship, not me! I didn't want you, and you assaulted me!"

"You are mine!"

Your entire stomach dropped as he screamed this, a finger in your face. His dirty blond hair was hanging into his face, and the look in his eyes was crazed, the blue of them glassy. Rafe's breathing was hard, and you glanced around for any way out of this.