𝟎𝟏

Nalani

As the sun was slowly rising on awa'atlu, rays kissed my skin while I glided through the water with Eleu; my tsurak.
As we glided through the water, dashings through oddly shaped pieces of coral and rocks, I became aware of an ilu and their rider above us. I recognized the markings to be Tsireya and her ilu. her eyes locked with mine and she smiled while signing.
'Lani! newcomers! they're from the forest!'
I gazed up through the water and sure enough, five ikrans flew over us.
' why are they here?' I signed back.
'I don't know, let's go check them out!' Tsireya smiled beckoning me to follow her.
' ok, where's dad?'
' probably going to greet them! quick!' Tsireya sped off on her ilu splashing me and Eleu with bubbles. Eleu began to rise to the surface and I prepared myself for the force of the
water which always tries to pull me off. we shot out of the water and flew over the patch of sand where the clan was gathered. inspecting the ikrans and their riders.

   Neteyam

"Bro look," Lak mumbled looking through the crowd of metkayinas I peered around trying to see what he was gazing at, and I spotted a girl on her ilu swimming towards us. must be her.
"she looks nice" I chuckled nudging him gently.
" no no not her, well, her. but look!" he scoffed cranking my head up to look at something red and blue gliding through the water, not even a second later a tsurak and its rider shot out of the water.
they flew over us effortlessly before diving smoothly into the water on the other side of the sand island we were standing on.
damn.
the rider emerged from the water; to my surprise, it was a girl. Not a woman, but a girl who was definitely no older than 17.
' she must be an absolute beast if she can handle one of those' Loak said but it was like an echo in my head as my eyes were transfixed on her.
her hair was gorgeous, flowing down to her small curved waist with subtle waves, she had small tight braids scattered over her head, adorned with colorful jewelry that sparkled in
the light. her clothes were simple but so well put together. instead of a simple brown loincloth, hers was royal blue, which contrasted with the white beaded top that she carefully adjusted before strutting over to stand next to Tonowari.

Nalani

As I stood next to my father, his hand wrapped firmly around me as he talked to the man about staying with us. While they talked I analyzed the group behind him, obviously his family. His mate was beautiful, they were all a gorgeous deep blue with even darker markings. She was tall and slim but seemed to be out of her depth, like if you put a tulkun into the Hallelujah mountains. She stood close to her husband who was holding a little girl on his hip as she slept on his shoulder. behind them were three teenagers. two boys and a girl.

Aonung had wasted no time in his cruel antics and had already begun teasing the boys about their tails. I sighed before slipping away from my father to go tell Aonung off. I do not know how he is going to be olo'eyktan if he is going to be so cruel to other clans.

"you call that a tail?" Roxto sneered pulling the older boy's tail.

"Aww, baby tail!" Aonung jeered twirling the smaller ones' tails as they attempted to swat Aonung and his friends away.

" Aonung!" I hissed storming up to my older brother ready to endure my own teasing.

Neteyam

" you call that a tail?" one of the Metkayina boys started to tease us. I tried to ignore him until he grabbed my tail, I turned around and hissed at him but they just laughed, showing their gummy teeth. ew.

"Aww, little baby tail!" another one started on Loak. I swear to eywa these boys are seriously going to make me cringe a fight and we've not even been here a day.

Suddenly that girl I and loak had been gawping at earlier started marching towards us.was she going to start on us too?

" Aonung!" she hissed swatting the boy off of Loak before dragging him by his ear away while he screeched in protest.

"Aonung you know this is no way to treat newcomers. As the next olo'eyktan you need to be kind and leave them alone!" she snapped jabbing him in his chest with her finger.

" Leave us alone we were just joking around!" he scoffed pushing her back but she stood her ground.

"I will get nasty on you Aonung do not test me," she growled squaring up to him her head held high.

" Will you now little sister? do you not remember I am your older brother? I can beat you at anything." he snarled also squaring up.

"Can you now? who has been sent to mother looking like an Akula attacked them?" she smiled jabbing him in the chest again.

" I do not care. Leave me alone or-" Aonung started but she cut him off, silencing him with her finger.

"apologize. now," she growled, her voice low and menacing. her brother had obviously lost and was publicly embarrassed. She dragged him over by his arm to face me and Loak. He took a while with his apology, mumbling on and only until his sister jabbed him in the ribs.

"- ow! So basically um. I am sorry for making fun of your tails it will not happen again," he mumbled.

"it's fine I guess," I said smiling briefly.

" yeah bro it's fine," Loak muttered. I looked at the girl who rolled her eyes slightly before walking back into the water, getting on her Tsurak, and swimming away.

God, she's hot.

A/N

hey everyone! thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this story, it's quite a long one but it kinda gives you an idea of the relationship between Aonung and Nalani I promise that the chapters will be more planned out and shortened if you guys think they're too long :)