𝟏𝟎

Nalani

Blood eclipses are my favorite.

Ever since the first metkayinas were known our ancestors hunted day and night on the blood eclipse, the height of Akula season.
Every metkayina over the age of 19, Minus the elders would leave awa'atlu at dawn and return the next day around early evening the following day, most of the kids are left with the elders but the teenagers always end up having a party, me, Aounung and Tsireya of course don't take part in this as the makeshift leaders of the village while our parents are gone.

We're the ones who organize it.

11.43 pm

"Aonung," I shouted over the music and my brother walked over to me.

"mhm?" my brother leaned in and I whispered in his ear grinning slightly.

"get the drinks, I wanna play some games." Aonung nodded knowing quickly what I was meaning, he lifted a large rock by the beach and Rotxo pulled out a large pouch and stack of cups, The other Metkayinan teens saw what we had brought out and gathered around us.

The sullys and Tsireya noticed and gathered around, Tsireya rolled her eyes as she saw what we were holding in our hands.

"really guys? you promised that you'd stop making that stuff, it's disgusting and we aren't allowed it!" Tsireyas whined crossing her arms as I poured cups of the contents of the bag out for everyone.

"Oh 'reya lighten up its the blood eclipse" I whined pouring her a cup.

"what is this?" Neteyam hesitated peering into his cup.

"drink me and Aonung make, it's good don't worry. Gets you drunk too."I shrugged downing my cup and poured myself another, the drink had been brewing since the last eclipse, and boy was it strong.

1.40 am

Everyone was completely wasted, people were making out, chatting on the beaches swimming with their ilus maybe a really long fish....
I was seriously wasted.

I felt a pair of hands wrap around my shoulders as I danced with a few of the girls, I turned around to see neteyam smiling down at me.

" neteyammmm" I smiled slurring my words slightly as I clung to him.

"Nalini"he teased me as he swayed to the music, his freckles glowed softly, pulsing slowly as he smiled, his fangs peeping over his lips.

"you're cute y'know," I mumbled as i sipped my drink until there was nothing left in my cup.

"i'm what?" he whispered, his cheeky grin growing into a wide smile.

"cute." I repeated leaning my chin on his chest as I looked at him, our bodies swaying to the rhythm of the music.

"I think you're cute forest boy."

"I think you're cute ocean princess"