𝟎𝟑

outfit 4

Nalani 

"Lani!" Aonung called out from across the reef. I rolled my eyes as I fixed my outfit into place.

"Lani I know you can hear me!" he called out again swimming up to me. I smiled watching my older brother paddle after me like a dog.

"Could you not hear me? I was calling on you Skxawng!" he panted as he hoisted himself into our mauri.

"Oh, I heard you Aonung." I giggled, swirling my toes in the water, watching the bioluminescent particles mix around. 

" Are you not coming to the beach?" He inquired, sitting next to me.

" yes, I am- it's just.."

"It's just?"

I stared at the water trying to figure out why I wasn't at the beach. It's not like I didn't want to go, there was just something stopping me from going.

" aonung?" I said turning to my brother.

" yes Lani?" he said smiling at me softly.

" do you think my outfit is good enough?" I sighed looking away.

"It's fine Lani stop worrying about what the forest boys will think of you." Aonung rolled his eyes.

" stop it! I don't care about what they think I just want to look good!" argued, swatting him away.

" Nalani you are my sister, I know when you lie."

Neteyam

" Bro look at all this food!" Loak was already drooling at seeing how much food was laid out in front of us.

" neteyam get me that!"Tuk demanded pointing at an Orange-coloured fish.

" Tuk manners!" fussed, filling Tuks plate before my own. I turned around, trying to scout out my family when a heavy pair of hands laid themselves on my shoulder.

" Sorry boy, just trying to get this right here." Tonowari gently moved me out of the way before grabbing that same fish Tuk did.

" Oh no I am very sorry I was in the way," I said quickly stepping back.

" no no it's fine, just had to get some of this for Ronal, she goes feral for it." he smiled shyly nodding towards his wife who was sitting waiting impatiently. He strode towards her and handed her the fish which she gratefully took.

I began walking towards my family and that's when I saw her again.

Lani.

Nalani

 " Nalani hurry up the foods gonna be gone!"Aonung whined dragging me along the beach.

" Aonung- stop! you're going to make me fall!" I laughed running to keep up with my brother to get my plate. I looked around for my dad and that's when I saw him.

Neteyam.

Neteyam

" Tuk I do not know where the water is! ask Dad to take you to ask!" 

" well neteyam I don't care you're coming with me " she rolled her eyes as we stood awkwardly together looking for some source of water container or juice." oh! she'll know won't she?" Tuk pointed straight ahead of us, right at Lani, her siblings, and a few other metkayina teens." Tuk no let's not go over there." I hesitated but Tuk dragged me over.

Nalani

" Rotxo I told you not to eat those for a reason!" I giggled as Rotxo snatched my coconut water out of my grasp." shut- shut up Lani!" He gasped, trying to strip his tongue of the spicy fish I had made myself.As we all laughed at rotxo I saw the sullys little girl standing at a distance holding a cup hesitantly with her brother behind her. Neteyam.I waved them over smiling and they shuffled over nervously." hi we're really sorry to bother you but Tuk was- well we both were wondering where the drinks are?" Neteyam smiled shyly, dodging eye contact as he pushed his sister forward."No it's fine don't worry, I needed to get another after someone drank mine," I said side eyeing Roxto as I walked away with the sullys following.

Neteyam

Her walk. the way she strutted across the beach, her hips swinging in rhythm with her hair. She was mesmerizing 

" here is the water! It's coconut but I promise it isn't bitter, there's also normal water or fruit juice! if you don't feel like any of those I can try and ask if there's anything else?" She smiled filling her own cup with coconut water."What juice is it?" Tuk asked sniffing the light blue juice in her cup." I don't actually know. It's good though." Lani shrugged downing her cup and poured another with the juice.I poured water into my own cup as Tuk poured even more juice into her own." water? Are you that boring?" Lani scoffed looking into my cup." I just don't want to take so much of something I might not like." I shrugged." here try it it's good." She insisted bringing her cup to my lips. It was actually good, or was the thought of her lips on that cup making it taste good." lovely, thanks." I smiled licking the remains off my lips.

Lani

His lips

They were so plump and perfect. Not a crack or a scratch out of place. " you're very welcome Neteyam sully ." I grinned widely making his sister laugh." what's so funny hmm?" I queried looking down at her." no one ever calls neteyam that! He's only allowed nicknames!" She giggled." oh really? Like what?" I smirked looking at neteyam." like netty, teyam, yam yam, oh and my favorite ones-!" he cut tuk off with a smooth hand over her mouth."We don't need to hear the last one." He panicked."Whatever you say yam yam." I giggled.We ended up sitting on the shoreline drinking cups of blue juice and talking quietly, Tuk had gone back to their Mauri as she was tired which left me and neteyam alone on the beach." yknow my dad came from a star?" He said pointing to a bright one in the sky." that's actually really cool," I said looking at him. He was so pretty. His freckles glow in the dark, his golden eyes sparkle in the moonlight. I had never met a boy so pretty in my life.