Year 5

Marcus tightly hugs both of his parents, burying his face on their shoulders, closing his eyes. He don't know what was wrong with him, but recently he had been seeing people's destiny before it happened and he can't do anything to stop it because he will be at Hogwarts. He already warned both his parents about his vision and had remembered what they said: I'm sorry, dear. But you can't do anything to change their destiny. The only destiny you can change is yours.

A sob breaks out of his throat when he finally break out of the tight embraces. He looked up at his parents, his eyes slightly teary. Mary cupped his face, her face full with sadness. "I'm proud at what you have become, Marcus." She said, stroking her thumb on his cheek, wiping the tear on her son's cheek.

Jacob take something out from his pocket, taking out a chain with two rings on it, their second and most memorable engagement rings, the first one having been taken by his parents to bear. He held out the chain to his son. "Go on, son." He whispers, trying hard for his voice not to break.

Marcus take the chain and clasped it around his neck, hiding them under his shirt with the Phoenix tears vial. He saw his mother looking over his shoulder and held out her hand to the person. He feel the person presence on his right shoulder, already knowing who it is without even looking at him.

"Take care of him for us, Neville." Mary said to Neville, who has a sad frown on his face.

Neville nods, placing his hand on Marcus's left shoulder and bringing him closer to him. "I will, Mary." He assured, accepting the hug she gave to him, and when she pulls away, Jacob pulls him into a tight hug. Jacob pats his back two times before pulling away, smiling down at him.

"Thank you, Neville. You're a good man." Jacob said, not losing his smile.

The train howling break Marcus out of his thoughts. He looks up at Neville when he squeeze his shoulder to get his attention. "We should leave." Marcus said, voice shaking, turning to his parents who smiles at him.

"Goodbye, Marcus Sawyer."

~ ~ ~

Marcus sits numbly in the train, playing with the engagement rings around his neck. He can feel Neville's eyes on him making him turn his head with a raised eyebrow. "What?" He softly asked, to show that he's not annoyed at him with the staring. He knows that Neville is looking out for him, and he's grateful for them.

Neville clears his throat, hoping his voice didn't break when he talks. "What's with the rings? You got one in the First Year." He asked softly, hands moving on his lap, not knowing whether to hold Marcus's hand or not.

Marcus turned his head to the rings again. "It's my parents second engagement rings. The first one was not as memorable as they say." He answered, seeing Neville nods in his peripheral vision. He let go of the rings, letting it rest against his chest before resting his head on Neville's left shoulder, closing his eyes, taking a much needed rest as he didn't get any sleep because of his vision.

Neville let Marcus rest on his shoulder as he looked out the window. He understand what Marcus is feeling like, feeling useless that he can't help his parents from their death. He had make a promise to Marcus's parents, and he promise to keep it until he grow old or die. His attention was pulled back from the window when something fell out of Marcus robe pocket and into his hand. He looked down at his hand, seeing a small folded parchment resting on his left open palm.

He was wondering what was in the parchment, but before he could think any further he placed it back into Marcus robe pocket from where it fell out. He leaned his head on top of Marcus and closes his eyes. Not noticing that his friends is looking at them with soft eyes.