Chapter 5

It has been a week since she heard Hitomi's voice and yet Chaewon's mind still has the cheese lover's voice lingering. It is just so hard to get rid of the thought of her

-Yujin POV-

What kind of impact does Hitomi even have on Chaewon, such that she gets stoned every single day because of that one voice that might not even be Hitomi's? I don't really care, but this is affecting her in class, gosh. Hitomi, or whoever that girl may be, can you just appear and spare the poor Chaewon?

It's a brand new day in the school, and I am sure that something interesting is going to happen today. My gut tells me that and I trust it. School is about to start alright, time to head into that prison for another day. What should we do after school today? Before I knew it, I was already at the doorstep of the homeroom, just about to step in.

When the school bell rang, Ms Ezaki entered the classroom, holding some clipboard with papers that I could not recognise. Is there going to be a new student? "Good morning students, as you can see, I am holding a clipboard, so I would be rather busy for the day."

"Before I take my leave, I would like you all to welcome the two transferees, Honda Hitomi and Jang Wonyoung. Give them your warmest welcome." As soon as I heard the first name, I looked at the girl beside me. There she goes stoning again. I sure hope she figured out a way to deal with the new students.

-Chaewon POV-

"Hello, my name is Jang Wonyoung. You guys can refer to me as Wonyoung."

"Hello, my name is Honda Hitomi. You guys can refer to me as Hitomi. Hope that we can get along well." The introductions of the two girls stirred a commotion, boys talking about how pretty the transferees were. Girls talking about the dynamics of the duo. Despite all that chattering, I did not join it one bit. It conflicted me. I needed to figure out a way to deal with this sudden reappearance of Hitomi, and quickly.

I should just ignore her. That is my plan, but does she even remember me...? I hope she does. It would make me depressed if she does not remember me as a friend even after the times we spent together. Well, we will have to see. "Chaewonn, are you lost in your wonderland again?" That disturbed my train of thoughts as I shook my head to prove that I am still present. As the bell rang again, Ms Ezaki left the room, leaving us with the two new transferees. Thank god they are sitting at the back. I would love to minimise my interaction with them.

-Hitomi POV-

Has this school always been so welcoming of transferees, or the both of us are just eye-catching? Ah, I still need to decide on how to deal with Chaewon. It seems like she got a new best friend. Hm, I just figured it out. Wonyoung is catching a lot of eyes today, a beauty indeed. "Yah, Wonyoung! How is it like being looked at? Are you enjoying the treatment, or do I have to send them to hell for you?"

"I kind of enjoy this, but if I feel ‌like it is uncomfortable, I will tell you, my beloved unnie." First time I heard her enjoy this kind of treatment, this girl normally detests it, so that is a surprise. Finally. The teacher came in holding a bunch of paper, which I presume were worksheets. Who is this teacher again? I think I saw him before, or did I? Oh ya, that is Mr. Lee. He teaches us History? This year's History lessons are going to be relaxing then, a relief indeed. I can already sense Wonyoung placing her head on the table already. Can't blame her. This teacher is extremely laid back, but he still gets the job done. After this, we got the electives, splitting classes then... I am going to the IT room on the 3rd floor for coding, I see.

I am looking forward to the elective class, who is going to be my classmate, or even seatmate. We will just have to see. Wonyoung would not be sitting with me as she is taking Literature for electives. I don't even understand people who take literature. How do they even survive it?

-Time skip-

It is time to move around in this school to my coding class. Thank god, I asked for a tour for me and Wonyoung when we first came into the school for administration. I still remember the route to the room, can't imagine asking someone for help on the first day of school.

After a few minutes, Hitomi arrived at the door of the IT room, ready to step in. Only to be called out by the one and only Kim Chaewon. "Hi, you are the new transferee, right? My name is Kim Chaewon. Nice to meet you." After giving Chaewon the coldest introduction she could muster, Hitomi went into the classroom, sitting at the corner. It hurt both parties. 'How did she forget me?' was the question that ran through their brains. With tears threatening to fall, Hitomi gave the restroom a visit before the teacher's arrival.

-Chaewon POV-

Did Hitomi get an amnesia such that she cannot remember me, or did she forget about me? Am I that easily forgotten? Hitomi, it still hurts to be forgotten by you even though I thought it would not faze me with your reappearance... I did not even forget about you yet, Hitomi.

Where did that Hitomi girl go again? She came into the class and left like a gust of wind.

-Hitomi POV-

Tears were welling up in my eyes as I headed into the restroom to clear up. How could she forget me so quickly? It has only been 4 years since I left her, but that is not even my fault! Did she even treat me as a close friend? Was all the time we spent together not memorable enough for you? Those were the questions that were running through my head. After a quick wash up and one check in the mirror to ensure that I looked fine, I rushed back to class. It is a relief that the teacher has not arrived yet, or else I would have to go through a whole round of embarrassment.

Speaking of the class, how long is it? Being in the class's corner, the probability of me sitting alone is close to 100%. It is going to be one boring class. I noticed a notification on my phone after scrolling through my phone while waiting for the teacher to come.

<Wonny>

Wonny: The teacher teaching me is beautiful.

Cheeseu: Are you serious? You are here to learn, not to look at teachers.

Wonny: You know you can't stop me~

Cheeseu: Whatever. Now get off your phone.

The texting session of mine got interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. How great, I got to socialise again.

"Hi, can I sit here...?"