Chapter 18

-Hitomi POV-

Never would I have thought I would step foot into such a residence like what Yujin had. It was something straight out of a drama, walls lining up to 8m high, intricate details carved alongside it, marbled floors with two contemporary sofas that were as large as my bed. If I came from a wealthy family, Yujin's family would have been on the Forbes list. As we got lost navigating Yujin's house, only Chaewon seemed unfazed and began openly lying down on one sofa. It would only make sense if they had a group of helpers, it would be impossible to keep this place clean.

"Welcome back, Miss Ahn. Ah, I see you have brought friends along today. Do I know them?" Yup, I called it. "Nope. Meet my new friends that I met in school. Nayeon unnie, meet Minju unnie, Nako unnie, Wonyoung, and Hitomi unnie." Yujin pointed to each one of us as she introduced us to her butler, I am assuming. "Good afternoon girls, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am one of the 4 helpers in this house. Call me Nayeon unnie. If you need anything, just notify me. Enjoy your stay."

Being the only one who was back to their senses, I thanked Nayeon unnie. "Ah, Nayeon unnie. A pleasure to meet you too. Call me Hitomi. And I apologise for the unplanned intrusion." Her warm-heartedness struck me as she replied, "No worries, it can be quite lonely being the only few in this large house, I am glad to have you guys here."

"YAH, Minju unnie where are you wondering off to?" That shout could only come from Yujin. As her voice echoed through the empty hallways, we all turned to see Minju wandering off into the unknown. As she turned around, her hair flipped too. Making her seem like a goddess. I felt my heart race at her insane visuals. "Hm, anything?"

"Oh, I was just about to say you looked- I mean, we should get to studying, follow my lead. To the study zone, we go!" Wonyoung's eyes widened at the mention of the residence having a zone dedicated to studying. "You have a zone to just study?!"

"Ah yes, Mr. Ahn made one so that Yujin can focus on studying. It has about 100 reference books in it. Just to make up because phones are not allowed in there. Yujin never used it, though."

"YAH, UNNIE! You were not supposed to tell them that. TMI TMI." She just chuckled. "Sure sure, go up now. I will bring drinks and snacks later." While Yujin was busy gathering others who had wandered off, I was checking out the furniture inside the massive living room. Seeing how it was all made of premium quality, Yujin's family must really be rich.

-Time skip-

Wonyoung, being the curious bunny she is, went ahead of Yujin and headed straight into the library only to get stopped by the door, and a sensor. The screen displayed something I couldn't quite see, given my distance between the display and myself. Yujin then spoke up, "Wonyoung, step back. I need to deal with the system first. Number of entry personnel: 6." The display then changed into another string of words. "Phones please." We were all reluctant to give our phones to Yujin, but Chaewon and Wonyoung were outliers, Chaewon was nonchalant about it while Wonyoung was just pure excited.

And with that put aside, we finally entered the room. Awestruck sounds like a good enough word to describe the feeling we all felt, including Chaewon. Gasps left all of our mouths, looking at the design of the study zone. Entering the zone was as if time travelled back to the mediaeval ages, with wooden bookshelves lined with books. One thing is for sure, there has to be over 100 books in this zone, seeing how 4 of the whole bookshelves were filled up and there is an upper deck that had some books too. "Where are we going to be studying? I don't see anywhere that is conducive enough to study. On the floor?" That was harsh. Why is Nako always so harsh to the two taller beings?

"Nako unnie, calm down. Let's go to the upper deck, shall we?" As we followed her up, there was a pretty large void in the centre of the upper deck, with 8 chairs lined up near the stairs along with the chairs, there were also a few buttons on a panel. "Watch this." As Yujin pressed it, we heard mechanical sounds, ledges were opened and a piece of wood was coming out of the edge. After a rough minute, an entire table was in front of us. "I always get amazed by how this works, even despite seeing it more than thrice now. Let's get to work."