Chapter 12

-Minju POV-

"Chaewon unnie! What do you want to eat? It's my treat, just be kind on my wallet." She visibly pondered before queuing up at the line of the Japanese food stall. She probably is going for the noodles, either udon or ramen. "Ramen it is." Bingo, right on the dot.

As I approached the counter, I told the vendor my order. "That would be 8,000 won." Taking out the 10,000 won bill, I handed it to the vendor, while Chaewon looked at the one preparing our ramen, face clearly writing that she is hungry and ready to devour that ramen anytime. Just as I was about to take my change back, an arm on my shoulder stopped me. With the force the arm was putting on me, it was clearly Nako's. "Minju-ya, could we have that change of yours? Count it as payback for abandoning me."

I sighed. Defeated, I handed the 2 1,000 won bills into Nako's hand and saw Yujin smiling ear to ear, feeling excited. How cute. Wait a minute, what am I even thinking about?

"Earth to Minju? Our ramen is ready. Just bring yours to the usual table where we eat our meals."

"Got it." After heading to the usual table, I spotted that the Wonyoung and Hitomi duo were sitting right behind us during the break and Wonyoung was looking at Nako, who was sitting with me and Chaewon and chatting with Yujin. Glad to know that she is opening up to Yujin.

-Time Skip-

That bowl of ramen perfectly filled my tummy with warmth. Ah, before I forget, I should make my move and ask Chaewon to accompany me after school. "Chaewon ah, by any chance are you free today after school? I have been waiting to watch a movie and you seem like the perfect one for me to bring along."

I swear I can feel Nako boring holes through me using just her gaze.

-Chaewon POV-

Weird, why is Minju suddenly so interested in me? She is even asking me out for movies when she has a Nako beside her. Sensing my weird gaze, Minju added, "It's a scary movie, and Nako doesn't enjoy watching scary movies, so can you just come with me?"

From my peripheral vision, I could see Nako's bewildered face turn into one of sadness. Poor Nako, how many times did even Minju abandon her? Nako looks like one tough girl. How could a mere movie scare her? "Nako unnie, where are you going after school? If you have no plans, want to join me for my literature project?" Oh, it's Wonyoung. "Ah, is that so..."

Wonyoung must have sensed Nako's reluctance of being alone with her, showing a slightly dejected face but changed it into one of cheerful expression and quickly added that Hitomi was joining after nudging Hitomi a few times. Hearing this, Yujin also wanted to be a part of it. "Wonyoung ah, can I join your group too? My seatmate abandoned me for her other friends. Please?" After a few tries, and mainly Nako asking Wonyoung to accept Yujin, Wonyoung finally accepted her.

Good to know that Yujinnie won't be lonely. That's nice. Just then, the bell rang. I gathered them up to return to class in time for their electives.

-Nako POV-

Minju has been abandoning me nonstop, not like it has not happened before, but this time round, it's worse. Way worse. Without my notice, I was frowning a lot. Minju normally would not neglect me two times a day, but it happened this time round. Did I miss something or is she getting sick of me? "Nako unnie, hurry! We are going to be late for class if we don't keep up."

Not like I would care about being late, Yujin. Another voice butchered in, "Nako unnie, it ain't good to be late. Yujin unnie, am I right?" Wonyoung looked towards Yujin. For a moment, I sensed a hint of foreignness and hostility in Yujin's eyes, but it quickly turned into one of joy. "Yup, so hurry Nako unnie." As Yujin said that, she grabbed my hand and started pulling my hand. Whilst I looked for Wonyoung for help, she joined Yujin and thrusted me forward.

Without my notice, I am growing closer to these two giants as the days go by and with us being in the same group for the Literature project, the time we are going to be interacting would increase. One part of me doesn't mind getting closer to the two, but my memories are still warning me not to get close to the two giants.

-Flashback-

Being pushed against the wall by someone twice my size was basically a situation that was impossible to get out from. "Oh, my poor little Nako, where are your friends to help you?"

"You are my only friend... N-nobody is g-going to save me." Fear filled my eyes, with tears threatening to come out of them. My body quivered and shook under the sheer pressure she was putting on me with only one hand. "Poor you, nobody's going to come help you, huh? What would happen if I slapped this face of yours?"

"N-nothing..." Just as I finished saying it, a slap landed across my face, sending jitters throughout my cheeks. Seeing that I dared not to fight back, she continued to slap me. After a few more slaps, she stopped.

"What a pity, I imprinted my palm mark onto your face. But, what are you going to do? Fight back?" She mockingly laughed at me, breaking the trust I had with her. "I trusted you..."

"HAH, funny."

-Flashback End-

That being the first time and the last time. As I immediately swapped schools after that occurrence.

"Nako unnie? You are day-dreaming again. EH, are you crying?" Wonyoung broke me from that horrible flashback. "Yujin unnie, do you have any tissues?"

"Ah yes, why did you ask? Do you need some?" Wonyoung just pointed her finger at me, asking her to check it for herself. Her eyes widened when she saw tears and began frantically looking for the tissues she had. It was an amusing sight, and it made a small smile form on my lips. Why am I going into this mode again? I would only get hurt if I continued trusting these people. "Nako unnie, here you go. Now say, why are you crying?" Both Wonyoung and Yujin turned towards me, expecting an answer from me.

Should I tell them? Nah, it is better for them not to know. "Ah nothing, I was just missing my family." Wonyoung bought that excuse I used but Yujin did not believe it one bit. "I know that is not the real reason. I have talked to you for a while and you don't seem like those sentimental ones." With that, Wonyoung's attention was back on me. I am going to break if this pressure continues.

"Miss Yujin, Miss Nako, and Miss Wonyoung, do you guys mind what we were sharing with the class? You guys seemed engrossed in a discussion," sensing Yujin ready to refute the teacher, I quickly shushed her up with my hand. "My bad Mr Hong, please forgive us for this rude behaviour of ours." I wasn't the one who said that, even when I was planning to. Can Wonyoung read my mind?