Chapter 10

As days passed by, Minju got closer to Chaewon, much like what she had planned and Chaewon was also liking Minju quite a lot as a friend. The few days that passed by allowed for the four transferees to familiarise themselves with the school campus granting them the ability to roam school without getting lost.

-Hitomi POV-

Minju has been catching my eyes the past few days, but she has not noticed that I take occasional glances at her. That's a relief. I caught something else, though. Chaewon has been hanging out with Minju a lot more these past few days. Has Minju opened up to her already? That's quick...

"Unnie! You seem absorbed in thinking about something, a penny for your thoughts?" Ah, Wonyoung is back from getting me my bread for the break today. "Thank you for the bread Wonyoungie, I wasn't thinking about much stuff, just on Minju and Chaewon's relationship."

"HM? Are you jealous of Chaewon taking Minju away from you or mad at Minju for stealing your Chaewon?" What is this girl even on about? How can Chaewon be mine, and why would I be jealous of Chaewon? Minju isn't mine, neither is Chaewon.

"What nonsensical stuff are you spouting?" Was the most natural response I could get out of my mouth to respond to that question. Am I even supposed to have an answer? Getting those thoughts out of my head, Wonyoung threw me a 'you know what I mean' look and winked at me. Wonyoung probably forgot about her medicine today, giving her a reason to go haywire. We munched on our bread as our breakfast, hoping that it would last us till the end of school before we got hungry again. From my observations, Chaewon's pair go to the cafeteria for their break most of the time while Minju's pair stay in class. With our tummies filled, we were ready to take on classes again.

-Yujin POV-

These past weeks had been chaotic. Two pairs of transferees came to interfere with the balanced ecosystem we had in place. Chaewon's previous best friend coming back into her life, with a new best friend that is about as tall as me, tsk. An addition of a cute and tiny being into our class for Pure Literature too, with a goddess-like girl that probably captured Chaewon's attention. Chaewon would not abandon me for her, right?

"Unnie, you wouldn't abandon me for Minju, would you?" Chaewon, I am trusting you to take care of me in this new school. Don't abandon me, please. "Who knows? I just might abandon you for Minju." Ouch, that hurt... Without me noticing, the look of my eyes changed rapidly from one of anticipation to one of disappointment and sadness. Chaewon caught onto it quickly, though.

"Eh eh eh, Yujin I won't abandon youu. I was just joking. Don't be sad, it is my bad for pranking you. Cheer up. I won't do this again, alright? Cheer up, can't have my bestie sulking for the rest of the day, can I?" I sulked even more, showing my disapproval of her response. "Eh eh, stop sulking. Unnie's sorry... How do you want me to cheer you up?"

Hm. How do I want Chaewon to cheer me up after making me sad? Making her do my signature move, the puppy eyes. "Make the puppy's eye look and it better be good. Hmph." Chaewon was horrible at that and she knew it but she also knew that it was probably the only way I would cheer up. Sighing in defeat, she made the look. Which made her unbearably cringey and cute. Without control, my hands gave her cheeks a squish.

The teacher came into the lecture room, ready to start his lesson. Oh, it's history seeing how Mr Lee came into the lecture room. "Take out your textbooks and flip to page 34. Transfers, got ya book yet?" Both Minju unnie and Nako unnie nodded timidly at Mr Lee's question, likely afraid of him. "Chaewon unnie, tell Minju and Nako not to worry about this teacher being strict."

"Minju, Nako, no need to worry about this teacher. He is one of the most lenient teachers we have teaching us."

-Minju POV-