Chapter 11

-Nako POV-

"Kim Minju-ssi, would you kindly stop teasing me? I know I am getting too close for comfort with the two giants, but just stop. Before I tease you back."

"What do you have to tease me with, my dear?"

"I got nothing. Right, I got nothing... Just you wait. I will get something to tease you with." She won again. Gosh, this is frustrating. I am not supposed to let those two people get so close to me, yet I am allowing it. Am I not scared of getting hurt again? Thinking about it for an hour more wouldn't help with the situation, might as well focus on something else. "What happened at your side of the table?"

"Nothing much. All we did was discuss the programming homework we had. It was about writing code for an algorithm. Want to head in now?"

"Sure" Stepping into the school compound, the wave of uneasiness washed over me. Most likely because of the upcoming exams in 2 months' time and probably because I had to sit in proximity with the two giants again. Something is fishy with the other three who sat at the table. Hmm... I guess I have to figure it out myself. Once in the classroom, I realised we weren't the first out of the three pairs.

-Yujin POV-

Oh, the Minju and Nako duo are here already. Nako unnie looks pretty today, Minju doesn't look that bad either. Ah, Nako unnie seems stressed, though. Chaewon is looking at Minju weirdly, suspicious. What happened at the other table when we were at the cafe? "Good morning, Nako unnie and Minju unnie. How was your sleep last night?"

"Sleep is sleep, nothing special." That sounds like normal Nako unnie. Extremely sassy. "It was alright." And a modest answer from Minju unnie. What did I even expect? A modest answer from a modest girl, typical. Oh, we met for about a week now, and I doubt we exchanged numbers yet.

"Did we exchange numbers already?" just came out of my mouth and it sounded so weird. I should have phrased it better... "Erm, what I meant was-"

"Nope, we haven't. Why? Do you want my phone number?" As much as I am thankful for Nako saving me, what the hell is that question even? Is that not the point of the question? "Her answer would be a firm no. Don't even try Yujin, but I can exchange mine with you. In case you have anything to tell Nako, just say it through me. Here, my phone." Minju casually handed me her phone on the contacts page. After thinking about my contact name for a few seconds, I settled on Yujin (Puppy).

-Minju POV-

Is this Yujin girl some 12-year-old or something? Putting an animal name beside her actual name, who even does that? It's cute, though. Let me send her a message for her to save my number.

<Yujin (Puppy)>

Minju: Good morning, it is Kim Minju Angel at your service

Puppy: Got it.

Contact saved as Minju

Well, that was easy. Just as we finished that interaction we had earlier, Ms Ezaki came into the classroom. "Good morning class. As you all should know by now, exams are coming up next week and thus the teachers prepared additional classes which would probably last from 3 to 5." I could already hear groans coming from various parts of the class, the loudest one being Nako's and Yujin's groans. "What's the point man? I would much rather go home and self study."

"Nako, do you really self study at home? Or do you watch Twice's videos like a maniac?" I should not have said that. Bad idea Minju, bad idea. Nako is sending death glares my way now. I got to plan my funeral already. It will really come true if I keep up this behaviour. "Class, I am not done with the announcements just yet. For each respective elective class, there will be one alumni coming back to school for a presentation next week. Just keep that in mind. I have to go now. Bye class."

"Bye, Ms Ezaki!" echoed throughout the classroom. There is that. We are going to have guest alumni that are coming next week for a presentation. What is there to even present about?

-Wonyoung POV-

"Wonyoung, my cousin is coming to the school next week hehe." What did Hitomi say again? Her cousin is coming to the school tomorrow? Just then, Ms. Ezaki continued her announcements, notifying the class that the elective will have an alumnus to give a presentation. "Yup, my cousin is one of them. He is my Korean cousin, so don't be surprised to hear his name next week. He should take the Pure Literature electives for the presentation."

"Does that mean I get to see him?" Hitomi nodded her head. "Nope, he has a girlfriend already. Don't even think about it." Aw, how did Hitomi guess what I was thinking about? Ah, Mr Lee is here for History. We have a Maths period followed by a break after this. With the day ending on 2 hours of elective. "Hitomi, can we go to the cafe after this? I am craving Mint Choco."

As expected, Hitomi threw me a 'Are you kidding me?' look. Well, I mean, we ate that yesterday but still it's nice. Can't hurt eating it frequently, can it?

-Time Skip-

"What bread do you want? Miss Hitomi? Hello?" I looked towards the left where Hitomi sat or rather should have sat because she is not by her seat. I looked around again just to find her beside Chaewon. EH? Are they reconciling already? I should check it out. As I walked beside the conversing duo who was very much oblivious to my presence, I overheard their conversation.

Now, what the hell are they talking about? What is a chiral carbon centre even?

-Chaewon POV-

"I think option B is the one with the chiral carbon centre. It has one carbon-hydrogen bond, one carboxyl functional bond, two halide bonds of carbon-fluorine and carbon-iodine bonds." Eh, Hitomi's right. It has four different bonds. "Ah, now that you name it out, I noticed the different bond. Sorry for taking up your time to help me understand this straightforward question."

"No worries, glad that I could be of help." She is flashing her bright smile. Holy crap. After so long, I am still under the effect of her smile. It is going to be hard to keep calm. "Hitomi unnie, can we go now? I am starving..." Wonyoung voiced her concerns for her poor tummy and thankfully, breaking my stare of growing intensity on Hitomi.

"My bad Wonyoungie, I felt obligated to help when I see someone trying to solve a Chemistry question." Wonyoung just pointed to her tummy, showing Hitomi that she was hungry. "Thank Hii-ch-, I mean Hitomi, you may go with Wonyoung for the break. Thanks for helping." What the hell did I just do? Did I actually blurt out my nickname for Hitomi back in the past? Omo, this is bad.

"Chaewon unnie, changing your mind, I see. Who was the one who said that she is going to feign ignorance about a specific someone's arrival? I guess not." I gave the speaker a death glare. It was clearly from Yujin. AH, what is Hitomi going to be thinking of me now?

-Minju POV-

I am lagging, I can't let Chaewon get back together with Hitomi. I should probably step up my game. "Nako-ya, go grab your bread with Yujin alright? I want to go have a chat with Chaewon." There were two reactions on Nako's face, first of shock, second of fear. But, it was a unique case for Yujin who overheard me. Her eyes glinted at the thought. I am sorry Nako, it had to be done. "Nako, I am sorry, next time alright?" Nako felt dejected, yet she agreed.

I headed to Chaewon's seat while Yujin quickly made way to entertain her Nako 'unnie'. "Chaewon ah, want to go grab something to eat now?" I expected reluctance coming from her, but Chaewon did not even hesitate. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Nako getting dragged by Yujin.

"Shall we go now?"