𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝒾𝒾 ★

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"HEY SORRY I'M late. Bus had a lot of stops," Sloane said as she joined Robby, cutting bonsai trees.

"Don't sweat it. But do you know how to cut these things properly?" Robby asked. Sloane shrugged.

"No clue," she replied. Just then, Daniel walked in.

"How's it going?" Daniel asked, walking up to the two.

"Saved by the bell," Sloane said.

"I'm sorry, I suck at this. I don't know what I'm doing. I just, don't get it," Robby replied.

"Don't worry. I didn't get it either at first. Mr. Miyagi had to teach me," Daniel exclaimed.

"Mr. Miyagi?" Robby asked.

"That's the guy who taught you kata, right?" Sloane asked for confirmation.

"Yeah," Daniel nodded. "He was a pretty special guy. In fact, he taught me a lot. And what you've gotta do is close your eyes, get everything out of your head. The only thing you can see is the tree," Daniel explained. Sloane and Robby closed their eyes.

"Think only the tree," Daniel continued. "Then you visualize what you want that tree to look like, and you make it happen," he instructed. The two teenagers opened their eyes and started trimming.

"There you guys go," Daniel said proudly. 

"So, this is obviously some kind of metaphor. The tree's, like, my feelings or something," Robby stated.

"Well, you are the tree, Robby. You too, Sloane. You two have strong roots. So now all you've gotta do is visualize your future to look like, and then you make it happen," Daniel explained.

Sloane hadn't thought anything about her future. She was going to be a senior next year and had no clue where she wanted to go, or what she wanted to do.

"What if I don't know what to do with my future?" Sloane asked. Daniel sighed.

"I didn't know either, but hey. Look where I ended up," Daniel said. Sloane processed his words, hoping her future would work out just fine. Daniel had walked off, leaving Robby and Sloane together.

Just then, Robby got a notification on his phone. Sloane being the person she is, peeked. The phone read: "C U tonight. Don't let us down."

"What's that all about?" Sloane asked, a confused look on her face. Robby pulled her aside so that nobody would hear.

"These guys. Trey and Cruz. They want me to help them steal a car. Tonight," Robby informed her.

"What the hell Robby. Daniel thought he could trust you," Sloane stammered.

"Because he can. I need you to help me beat up those douchebags. I can't let them get away with this," Robby whispered into Sloane's ear. She then nodded in agreement of helping him.

☆ ★

"Where the hell is he at?" Trey asked his friend at the dealership.