4

~Adrien's Pov~

I woke up on my floor from a horrible night. Last night ,before i went to sleep, he stayed at the building close to Marinette's house. I was nauseous about the idea of Marinette being missing. The whole time i rested my head against the chimmey behind me and sobbed. After 3 hours i finally went back to the cold, lonely mansion that was called home. But it never felt like home at all.  The whole night i just thought about Marinette. Untill i fell asleep with tears stained on my face. It was saturday, i had the whole day to find Marinette. I thought that it would be better to search in the daylight, even tho the is sky cloudy. 

I reached my hand out for my phone to check about what happened. Hoping to find some news about Marinette's dissapearence. But the only thing i got was a Amber Alert. Marinette was now officially missing. And i couldn't do anything exept searching the whole city untill i fall down to my knees in exhaustion. But i was determined to find her, no matter what.

Transformed in Cat Noir, i jumped around on the rooftops of Paris, looking everywhere. As i was searching, horrible thoughts came into my mind. What if she is missing for ever? What if she is by some creepy old man? What if she is already dead? I quickly shook the thoughts away. That was when i saw something familiar laying in a alleyway. I took a closer look and found a pink bag. But then i realized, it was Marinette's!

Is this the place where she was for the last time? But where is she now? I felt tears filling my eyes as i carefully picked up the bag. I held the bag close to me as i collapsed to the ground. The tears finally streamed down my cheeks just when i thought that there were no tears left. After some time of sobbing later i calmed down. Slowly i took a look inside of the bag. There was a phone that had a low battery, a ID and some money in it. But there was nothing that gave away Marinette's location. 

I handed the bag in at the police station, hoping to find fingerprints of the one who took her. But there were no fingerprints shown. I almost lost all my hope of finding her but i still searched and searched. But no luck, there was absolutely no clue of her at all. She could be anywhere now. Maybe she is in a completely different city, or worse, a different country! I knew that i had to keep searching but my body was telling me not to. Exhausted, i sat down on the Eiffel Tower, looking to the beautiful city below me. But then i got a idea. I am going to call for Ladybug for help!

I quickly grabbed my staff and called Ladybug. But she didn't answer. So i just asked her for help through the voicemail. My voice kept breaking but i still send it, hoping for her to answer soon.

~Marinette's Pov~

I stared at the broken Miraculous laying in my wounded hands. My wounds stinged a lot, the wounds are probably infected. I was terrified of about what is going to happen next. If i use the Miraculous, then it will probably kill me. I wasn't ready to die! I didn't even get to say goodbye to my friends and family or Tikki. And i knew that Cat Noir would be heartbroken if he heard that his Ladybug is no longer here. Nobody would even know that i died because i don't even know where i am. My family and friends can never see me again. And i couldn't see them ever either.

Hesitant i wore the Peacock Miraculous. The kwami, Duusuu, appeared in front of me. "Hello there! Who are you?" Duusuu said. "Marinette." i whispered. "Whats wrong, why are you whispering?" Duusuu asked. I looked down to avoid eye contact with the little kwami and explained everything. After some time i looked into Duusuu's eyes again. Her face was full of guilt and understanding. "Oh, Marinette that is horrible!" Duusuu said on a dramatic way with tears in her eyes. Ofcourse Duusuu is going to cry. What can i expect? She is the kwami of emotion! But it felt good, knowing that there is someone who keeps me company.

The whole day Duusuu kept saying that it was her fault. And i kept telling her that it is not her fault. I felt bad for the little kwami. After some time, Duusuu finally calmed down. The rest of the day we kept talking to eachothers company. And it actually worked! The worries completely dissapeared when someone is by my side.

We both eventually fell asleep. But in the middle of the night, i suddenly woke up from a weird feeling. Something wasn't right. I felt nauseous and had a aweful headache. As i looked over to the right, i saw Duusuu peacefully sleeping in my blood-stained hand that was laying on the floor. I groaned at the pain in my head. Suddenly everything went black as i fell down on my side.

"Wake up!" a blurry voice said as i slowly opened my eyes. But appearantly i wasn't fast enough when i felt a kick against my shoulders. "Wake up!" the voice repeated. Luckily, my headache from last night is gone as well for the nauseous feeling. "What?!" i groaned. No answer. I slowly got on my feet, trying to not use my wounded hands. Lila was standing in front of me. "Just transform and listen." Lila said, looking straight into my eyes. I gulped as i stuttered the transformation words. "Duusuu, spread my feathers."

My clothes were changed into a suit that is much alike from Mayura's, but it was also different. My skin had the same skin tone and the long skirt was the same but then it had gold touches to it. My hair was in a low bun with some peacock feathers sticking out. Even tho i don't wear i mask, i still was unrecognizeable. 

Hawkmoth soonly arrived in the same room as i was in. I glared at him, but he doens't seem to react. "You will obey with everything i say. If you refuse... Well, you know what will happen." he said. My eyes stared down to the floor, refusing to make eyecontact with this monster. "Now, you will assist my akumatized villain by creating a powerful sentimonster to help them seize Ladybug's and Cat Noir's Miraculous." Hawkmoth continued. I slowly nodded. But it felt wrong. This has to be the worst mistake of my life. But what choice do i have?