11

~Nobodies Pov~            ~Three months later~

"Don't be bemused, it is just the news." Nadja's voice sounded from Adrien's tv. Adrien's head turned around at the sudden announcement of the news. "It has been three months since a teenager Marinette Dupain-Cheng had gone missing. The police didn't found a clue from her for a long time. So they had no choice but to close the case." Nadja continued. Adrien's eyes widened. It couldn't be. They can't give up! Adrien's shock soon turned into anger and sadness as he harsly threw a book at the tv. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he realized that it is possible to never see her ever again. 

It was shock for everyone who knew Marinette. Even Chloe felt guilty. She always picked on Marinette but never got the chance to apologize. For Alya it was horrible, knowing that Marinette might never return. Marinette's family was heart broken. Her parents had to shut down the bakery for a while to recover from their loss.

Adrien couldn't leave his room for a week. He didn't even bother to transform into Cat Noir. He took off his Miraculous to avoid talking to Plagg. He didn't want to talk to anyone. One day, Nathalie said that she had to leave for a while to assist Gabriel with his bussines in the United States. She will be back in a week. But Nathalie had to leave very quickly, causing for her to forget telling Marinette.

~Marinette's Pov~

It has been days since Nathalie didn't show up to bring my supplies. Did something happen? Did Gabriel fire her or something? I grew more worried as another day passed by without Nathalie. Before Nathalie suddenly dissapeared, she had left some water bottles from the other times she had visited. But i ran out of water quickly. Soon enough, i started to dehydrate. It got so much to the point where i couldn't sit up anymore.

I opened my eyes to someone standing in front of me. Am i hallucination, or is that Nathalie? "Marinette? Marinette!?" The words sounded like a blur. I couldn't decide weather i am seeing this or not. Nathalie's eyes were full of guilt as i looked up from the ground. "I am so sorry! I should've told you!" she continued as she lifted my body against the wall in a sitting position. My eyes spotted a big bottle of water besides me. With all the strength i had left, i lifted it up and quickly drank the water. 

After some time, Nathalie finally stopped apologizing to me. I couldn't help but to forgive her. Nathalie told me that she had to assist Gabriel in the United States, and forgot to tell me. For the most part, i was relieved that nothing bad happened to her. "Adrien misses you, you know.." Nathalie suddenly confessed. My eyes widened. I tried to hold back my tears as i stuttered. "R-Really?" Nathalie sighed as she explained. "Well, a week ago. The police decided to stop looking for you, since there was no clue of you found. Adrien didn't leave his room ever since he found out." 

Suddenly, it was dead silent. I didn't know what to say, neither did Nathalie. Guilt overtook me for worrying Adrien so much. What shocked me even more was that they stopped looking for me. Why did they stop so soon? It seems that every chance to escape was gone. My family and friends will never know where i was. The police will never find my body if i stay here for the rest of my life. If only i could see them for the last time. 

After some time, Nathalie had to leave. Duusuu had already fell to sleep, so i was about to fall asleep to. As i laid down on the cold floor, i spotted my hand. The wounds from the first time here had already healed. But they left behind loads of scars on my hands. It has been three months since i got here. Just some time before, i was just enjoying the movie with my friends. A few minutes later, i ended up here, creating almost everyday damage to Paris. Tears streamed from my eyes as i cried myself to sleep.

I woke up from a soft noise behind me. It kinda sounded like footsteps. Duusuu cannot make these noices so i sat up as i looked around me. No one was there, untill someone walked out of the darkness of the room. It didn't took long for me to realize it was Lila. 

What is she  doing here? I haven't seen her for a long time. So she just decided to show up again after kidnapping me! "I am suprised that you're still alive." Lila said with a smirk on her face. Her voice echoed through the room as i quickly stood up. "To be honest, i am impressed. Really! Too bad the broken Miraculous of yours will end you soon enough." she continued as she walked closer to me, her green eyes looking straight at my soul. "What are you doing here?" i shouted, backing away from her with slow steps.

Lila grinned. "I wanted to let you know that something aweful had happend." Her playfully voice caught my attention, causing me to stop backing away from her. "It seems like the police had stopped looking for you." she continued. 

Why is she telling me this? I already knew this. Lila stopped walking when she stood in front of me. "It is a shame that nobody cares for you at all." Lila pretented to have pity on me. "It's only a matter of time untill everyone will replace you." 

My eyes widened. I didn't know who to believe anymore. My fist clenched in anger and in disbelief. "They can't forget me! They wouldn't!"  i whispered, looking down at the ground. "I am telling the honest truth, Marinette." Lila said as she put her hand on her heart. Angry tears started to form into my eyes. She is trying to manipulate me! Don't let her get to me! But trying to convince myself that it is all fake didn't work. Tears were pouring down my cheeks, dripping on the ground as they reached my chin. 

"Poor you. They don't deserve you, and you know that." Lila raised her hand and reached out for my shoulder to comfort me. "Just give up going against us, and join Hawkmoth. With us, you will be unbeatable." My hand blocked Lila's hand before she put her hand on my shoulder. Without saying a word, Lila left me behind in the dark room for me to decide on what is going to happen next.