13

~Adrien's Pov~

I can't believe that it has been three months since Marinette had dissapeared.  When the police stopped looking for her, Marinette's parents closed the bakery for a while. I understand that. It must be so hard for them to lose their only daughter. Every day that passed made my hope less of finding Marinette. I realized that if the police can't find her, nobody can, including me. So i stopped looking. It was only a waste of time when i keep coming home without her. But the guilt felt heavy on my heart. 

I am still the same person ever since Marinette is gone. Cold and harsh. Neglecting my friends was also still there. I don't know if i will be the same again after losing her. Just seeing her bluebell eyes was enough for me to feel good. But that will never happen again. 

A week passed and there was no sign of Hawkmoth nor Paon. Are they planning something big? I am still concerned about Paon tho. She keeps making sentimonster that had strange letters hidden on them. A SOS sign. This could only mean that she doesn't want to work for Hawkmoth. I knew that i had to free her from him. But i don't know how. The strange signs didn't track the attention off Scarabella. Every time i told Scarabella about the signs, she wouldn't listen and just keep envying her. I need to find a way to convince her.

Soon, i found myself searching all over the news. My mouse swiped over my desk as i looked at the pictures of the sentimonsters more closely. My eyes looked closely at the screen. Putting all the sentimonsters in a document made everything more clear. I watched all the footage that had been caught on camera, as well for that one time when Hawkmoth and Paon showed up in public. My eyes focused on the hidden SOS signs written on the sentimonsters as i drew a circle around them in red. Everything that seemed suspicious, i wrote it down. I need to find as much evidence as needed for Scarabella. 

I stayed up the whole night, finding clues about Paon. The next day i woke up on my desk. The sun was already shining through the clouds. Immediately i remembered about what i did last night. I quickly saved the document on a USB-stick for Scarabella to see. And now the only thing i have to do is wait for next patrol.

I jumped from rooftop to rooftop as i hold the USB-stick in my hand, making sure not to drop it or destroy it in any sort of way. I kept leaping further as i watched the sun setting in the distance. I finally arrived the meeting point where Scarabella was waiting for me. "Scarabella, i got something that you have to see." I shouted, landing in front of her. She gave me a suspicious look as she opened her mouth. "Don't tell me it's about this Paon woman again." Scarabella disrespectfully rolled her eyes. My eyebrows shot up by Scarabella's nagging. I quickly hold up my USB-stick in front of her face. "It is about Paon. But now i got proof!" i said.

Scarabella narrowed her eyes at the small object. "How is that proving anything?" she whined. I lost my patience. "Just look at it! I will take care of patrolling. Meet me here again after you took a look at it." My eyes fired up as she took a step back. She sighed as she took the USB-stick from my hand. 

After patrol i went to the exact same place where we left. Scarabella had a unsure look on her face. "And?" i asked with a fierce look. "I-i think you are right about her.." she answered. I calmed down after she finally admitted that i was right. "We must tell this to the police and news! She can't do this forever!" Scarabella said. "What? No! Nobody can know this. What would happen if Hawkmoth find out?" I quickly replied. Scarabella sighed. "Then, what are we going to do about this?" Her eyes didn't meet mine. Scarabella waited for answer but no words came out off my  mouth. I don't have an answer.

~Nobodies Pov~

The next week was quiet peaceful. There were no akumatized villains nor sentimonsters. But the more time Hawkmoth and Paon stayed absent, the more Scarabella and Cat Noir worry. In the mean time, Tikki decided that it will be the best for Scarabella to finally meet Master Fu. It is not like Marinette will turn up soon. Scarabella's ability to hand out some Miraculouses made her and Cat Noir more invulnerable to Hawkmoth. But everything seems for nothing when a certain villain showed up.

Style Queen was back, more powerfull. But what caught Adrien's attention was that there were no sentimonsters around her. Did something happen to Paon? Adrien immediately transformed and escaped his house to fight the villain. Scarabella was already spying on Style Queen as he arrived. "I think the akumatized object is in the her staff now." Cat Noir said, sneaking up on Scarabella. "AAH! Oh, Cat Noir!" she screamed. "You almost gave me a heart attack." Cat Noir chuckeled at Scarabella's scare. "So, let's get Style Queen." Scarabella quickly said out of embarrasment before throwing her yo-yo at a building. 

After some time struggeling with the villain, Style Queen flew away to a higher building. Cat Noir decided to follow her when she landed. But something stopped Cat Noir. Two simulair figures were standing there with Style Queen. Cat Noir felt his heart dropping as he gasped for air. Hawkmoth and Paon were there.

Scarabella's jaw dropped by seeing the three standing there. The shock of the superheroes made them vulnerable to the villain. Style Queen aimed her staff at the two, threatening to shoot. Hawkmoth got the chance to talk. "Scarabella, Cat Noir you better surrender or Style Queen won't hesitate to turn you into statues." he said. Paon remained silent, it wasn't her turn to speak unless Hawkmoth orders her to. All that she could do is hide the half of her face in her fan as she fiercely stared down at the superheroes. Scarabella and Cat Noir exchanged worried looks, not daring to move an inch. 

Paon knew that Hawkmoth was bluffing about turning Scarabella and Cat Noir into statues. He needs the Miraculouses, not some glittery jewelery. If they were to be statues, they both lose.