20

~Adrien's Pov~

We finally pulled away. But when i looked into her eyes, i couldn't help but notice that they were beautiful. I quickly realized that i just have been staring at her without saying a word. My face grew red as i broke eyecontact with Marinette. "Erm.. H-How are you doing?" i stuttered, rubbing the back of my neck. "Great.." Marinette replied. 

After some time of akwardly talking, we finally became comfortable with eachother. But i don't know what made me so shy all of the sudden. Is it because i missed her so much? Or is it something else... I leaned against the railing of Marinette's balcony as i explained that Scarabella, Mayura and i decided to keep everything a secret. "Do you still think about what happened." i finally asked hesitant. Marinette paused for a second. "Yeah.. Everytime. I can't think of anything else." she whispered. Her voice broke as she looked down to the streets of Paris. 

"That must be horrible for you." i said without making any eye contact. "Well, what is done cannot be undone. So i guess i have to live with it." she replied softly. Her voice sounded scared and unsure. So i placed my hand on top of hers. "You know, i'll always be there for you." we finally made eyecontact again. Marinette gave me a weak smile before getting a little closer to me. My heart warmed.

I could still see the image of Marinette's lifeless body laying in my arm. Her skin all pale and cold. No pulse and not even a single breath. Tears flowing down my cheeks while screaming as if it would help. The thoughts of that memory send a shiver down to my spine. I accidently squeezed Marinette's hand. "Are you okay?" she asked. I snapped back to earth by Marinette's soothing voice. Her eyes were staring into mine when i turned my face to her. "Yeah.. I just cannot stop thinking about you." i said. 

I eventually noticed that Marinette was growing tired every minute. But before i knew it, she fell asleep on my shoulder. But for some reason, i felt my heart beating faster. I carefully picked Marinette up and laid her down in her bed. 

~three days passed~

I was walking to class with Marinette by my side. Today was her first day of school ever since she dissapeared. Everyone was happy to see Marinette again after such a long time. But suddenly i noticed that Lila was absent this morning. I know that Lila hates Marinette but she can't be that disrespectful to avoid her. During lunch i was sitting close to Marinette. "Lila seems absent today, quite suspicious right." i heard Alya whisper to Nino. Marinette eyes widened by over hearing the couple. "Lila? S-she is still around?" Marinette stuttered. I gave Marinette a confused look as Alya asked why. 

~Marinette's Pov~

Lila is what?! I thought that she was arrested, or something. How is she still around? Questions overwhelmed my mind as Adrien gave me a confused look. My heart paced in my chest. In panick, i got up from my seats and ran out of the cafeteria. "Marinette!" I heard from behind me. "Get away from me!" i shouted without looking back. I ran through the hallways as tears of fear stinged my eyes. Someone grabbed my wrist to keep me from going away. I met the persons eyes. "Let go off me!" i loudly said in panick before i realized that the person was Adrien. "What are you doing?" Adrien asked worried as i tried to escape from his grasp. 

~Nobodies Pov~

Adrien suddenly let go of Marinette's wrist. He realized by not letting go of Marinette reminded her of getting kidnapped again. "I-i am so sorry." he apologized. "I just don't want you to run of like that.." he continued. Guilty, he took a step back to give Marinette some space. She felt bad for shouting at Adrien like that as she sighed. "No, i am sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Her eyes looked down at the ground. 

"Why did you do that? Does it have something to do with Lila?" Adrien asked hesitant. Marinette opened her mouth to speak but someone was before her. "Marinette, you are finally out of the hospital?" a female voice said. Marinette froze at the sound. She couldn't mistake it, it was Lila behind her. 

"Oh Marinette, i am so relieved that you're okay!" Before Marinette could protest, Lila pulled her in for a hug. Marinette was frozen and did not know what to do. Lila took the chance whisper something in Marinette's ear. "Go ahead, tell everything to your little friends. They will never believe you." 

Marinette silently gasped and pulled away from her. Adrien could feel that Marinette wasn't comfortable around Lila. "Marinette, can i talk to you for a second." he asked. The bluenette agreed and Adrien took her hand and led her to the locker rooms. As the two walked to the destinated place, Adrien suddenly noticed that her hand were covered in scars. They weren't like that three months ago. As they finally arrived Adrien took the chance to ask Marinette what he wanted to ask about. "Did Lila do something to you?" Marinette sighed while holding back some tears. "Yes.." she whispered. Her voice was barely audible but Adrien could understand it perfectly well. 

Adrien gave Marinette a look that made her explain more. "S-she.. I really don't know how to explain it." Marinette said. "You can tell me everything. I will listen to everything." Adrien's support broke Marinette and she finally started to explain everything while tears kept streaming down her face. At the end of the explaination, Adrien was left speecheless.