Chapter 6: Moving On

Journey was a long one. Since Fawna's esteemed reputation was spread by the 'beloved' tribesmen to the neighbouring tribes while trading clothes and food with each other, all of the family members had long come to a tactful understanding... And that was not to stay in the neighbouring tribes.

There was also another reason for the family to behave like that. It was to take preventive measures of Fawna's sudden realization that she still loved those bast*rds and running back to them.

So, a distance tribe was the safest and also the best for the beginning of their new life.

Fawna had long realized that, but she played ignorant to keep their hearts' calm.

It took them a journey of five days to finally settle down in a good tribe. The environment was good, along with enough warmth and chill. Near the water bodies and just a little far from the forest to hunt their preys and find fruits.

And since there were two beautiful Shashas in the group, the group leader readily agreed for their stay and even gave them enough supplememts like eight coconut shells as bowls to store food and water, a good place to build their house and some food too.

The Tribe Fawna and her family chose was called Hazel eyes, as greenery was the surrounding the tribe from everywhere. This name was given by the current leader's great-grandfather who had founded the tribe after getting separated from his group with his mate and her mates, while escaping a massacre.

The present leader's name was Sabner. His mate, Kesi was in-charge of the tribe's food and family management (birth management of each family from conceiving to giving birth and looking after till they're seven and get their enlightment). Both the leader and his mate were kind-hearted to the needy and aggressive to the intruders. A perfect match and suitable for the position of the leaders.

But the only problem was that the moment, they settled down and few of Willy's sons and mates left to find suitable materials (wood, mud, sand and water) to build their house, Kesi came along with her other female companions to ask about if Willy and Fawna want to take some bachelor Shans.

It was okay for Willy to take one or two as one of them needed a Shan from their new inhabitant tribe and so she agreed without a second thought. But Fawna.....

When all turned to her, for she looked away, avoiding other gazes. And just when they thought that she would be giving a negative answer by her behaviour, she shocked everyone by nodding her head.

Kesi was glad with the two Shashas understandings and she herself could be relieved to dump some of the unmarried bachelors on the two. But the moment, she was about to leave, she was stopped by Fawna who askef her to talk in a private.

Actually, Fawna had long prepared herself for this day. In this world, it was necessary to have as many husbands as possible. But since, she had living for too long (her first life in beast world and second life in human world) she didn't dare to take the risk of trusting someone unconditionally with heart and soul.

After all, look at her previous 'fiancés'... Weren't they also from this beast world? But did they respect her or love her like other Shans? The answer is obviously a Big Fat No.

So, she needed to be careful while choosing her mates. It's about her future after all. Can't play with her life again abd again! Not at all.

With a deep breathe, she voiced it out as she looked straight into Kesi's eyes, "Can I, at first, meet some of the Shans and get to know them? And Then choose them as my mates?"

"Yeah, okay. But all of the beasts here are harmonious and understanding. I bet you'll love each and everyone of them if you meet them once," Kesi who originally wanted to say No, changed her wordings as she saw Fawna's eyes. There was something in her eyes that told Kesi a lot of stories. In Fawna's eyes, there was carefulness, anticipation, hope yet the fear to be rejected and heartbroken.