Chapter 12: Best Father

Heden couldn't see anything clearly, but the smell of the blood around him was still everywhere. And wherever he placed his feet, he could feel the sticky wetness under him.

He was beyond petrified, still he followed the trail of smell of blood, until he reached near the coming visible light.

From not so far, he could see glowing yellow light. It's a cave from where the light is coming. And as he followed the bloody smell, he could tell it was going towards that cave.

And... as expected. When he almost reached near the cave, drop of blood was already there.

He could also smell Fawna's natural scent there... along with his mother and some of the beasts from the tribes.

He hurriedly started to walk towards the cave with high alertness, after adjusting his breath.

But he had to hide behind a near tree, as a movement happened and few males came out carrying something... or more clearly a carcass. They left after throwing it outside the cave, in the bushes, as they murmured something that went unheard by him.

As his eyes were focused on the carcass that was tossed aside.

That carcass... belonged to his... his... father.

Tears rolled down from his eyes, as he struggled to keep up his disguised breaths.

Yet, his heart couldn't cope up with the pain.

He felt like he was just... a stranger suddenly came and forcibly took out his heart from his body as that stranger crashed his heart slowly in front of his eyes.

The reality that his father was no more, was too harsh.

The reality that he could never call that male horse his father who would joyly answer him back and hug him tightly in his arms no matter how old he was, was too harsh.

His father might have done a bad thing to him a while ago, but Heden know in his heart why his father did that.

And, how could he ever deny the fact that his father was the best father one could ever wish for in this world?

Not only did his father train him into a nice male beast, his father even protected him from all the dangers that came to his way. This treatment of protection was only received to the females. His father was the only exception.

"Father..." He whispered softly.

And then his knees gave away. He knelt on the ground touching his chest as the heart inside started to throb abnormally fast.

A blue light emitted from his body as he suddenly heard a voice inside his head, "Where are you, Heden? Why can't I see you? Are you safe? Please be safe, wherever you are. Please."

"Fawna..." A soft whisper left his mouth.