My Wish Upon A Star_DarknessAndLight

Title: My Wish Upon A Star

Usernname: DarknessAndLight

Genre: Romance & Humor

Rating: PG13

Summary:

Danika Wisher has a knack at getting herself into very strange situations. With hippie polygamist parents, an unfinished college degree, weird part-time jobs and promiscuous habits, her upbringing didn’t exactly scream normal. So, when she meets Landon Armstrong—in a hospital wearing a puffy powder blue dress—she doesn’t think too much of it. But when she keeps meeting him, time and time again, she can’t help but think that maybe there’s some greater forces working there. With her Wallstreet workaholic emotionally distant not-really-boyfriend-boyfriend, and Landon’s own cold hearted contortionist ex-girlfriend, they’re both emotionally unavailable in their own messed up way and in no place to be in any kind of relationship. But their unlikely friendship might bring them both something that they never had expected to find—their own stars.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 14/14 (not completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: Several, she has over twenty projects posted.

MY REVIEW:

I feel like I need to start this review with a warning…which is that this story has several sex scenes and semi r-rated language. I haven’t read anything utterly obscene or graphic, but I thought I would mention it for younger readers.

Why did I read this?

Well, I’m 25…so the warnings didn’t really bother me. I also love weird characters, especially the ones that find themselves in ‘strange situations’.

The main character qualifies in both of these cases.   

Danika (M.C) is a pretty interesting gal; she is sassy and completely uninhibited. I love how brash and honest she is, but also how vulnerable she can be (doesn’t happen often...just around a certain guy).

She was raised by polygamist parents, so she isn’t shy around the subject of sex.  Whenever the topic of her parents rolls around, it is too funny. There is also a scene where she interacts with her ‘family’, which had me laughing on the bus ride home.

I got all sorts of weird looks that day...

The M.C also has the strangest part-time jobs, which leads to some unpredictable scenarios. In one of these cases she meets Landon, and continues to run into him throughout the story. It seems like 'destiny', since they run into each other in the most random situations. Their banter is hilarious…I really enjoy both of them together.

I think they kind of like each other, but they both have complicated relationship issues. Landon has a crazy circus ex and Danika has a quasi boyfriend (who I also really like).

The boyfriend is the complete opposite of her...he is so serious and can keep a steady grown-up job. Yet they have this almost secret/part-time relationship. The two of them are also funny...I can't decide what pair I like better. 

It is definitely a romance, but I don’t mind it because I really love the characters. The author has also created a very different story-line and I find that she is handling it really well.

There are only eight chapters to review...but it's already in my favorite's reading list. I really enjoy this author's style. 

Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Author's Note-

When I finish this book, I will add to the review.

Check out DarknessAndLight's interview!