One Stiletto In The Grave_JasonKrumbine - REMOVED

Title: One Stiletto In The Grave (Reapers In Heels - Book 1)

Usernname: Jasonkrumbine

Genre: Paranormal & Mystery & Romance

Rating: R

Summary:

When a dead soul goes renegade, you call a grim reaper. And when you’re in Century City, you call the Graves sisters.

Avery and Brooke Graves are two of the best reapers in town. For them, hunting down a renegade dead soul is easy, hunting for a good man, however, is a whole ‘nother challenge.

Brooke’s ex-boyfriend is back in her life and the heat between them is quickly turning up.

After what was supposed to be a simple double homicide at the Kirkland Motel the Graves sisters end up with more than they bargained for.

With love on the rocks and souls on the run, it’s just another day for these reapers in heels.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 30/30 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: None on Wattpad

MY REVIEW:

I can’t remember how I found this book…I think Wattpad just recommended it to me.  Anyway I thought that the title and cover were a tad silly…so of course that appealed to me.

And I don’t know how many of you have ever watched ‘Dead Like Me’…but I really liked that show and this book reminded me of that as well.

In both, there seems to be some type of organization (and I use that term loosely) similar to bounty hunters, responsible for picking up souls after a person dies.

In this book, these ‘hunters’ only go after souls that refuse to or just can’t move on their own. So these grim reapers capture and escort the souls to some weird office and then they get their paycheck. But apparently there isn’t a lot of money in this business.

Groups of reapers are dispersed throughout the world, and the main character(s) are a pair of sisters. Avery is older and more mature (typical of an older sibling), and Brooke is all over the place. Both of their love life’s are a bit of a mess…and that seems to be a side story. Well at least in this book, this is actually an eight book series (only the first is on Wattpad)…so maybe there is more romance in other books.

I mean there was some romance, Avery’s chemistry with a certain male co-worker was pretty obvious and she also has a boyfriend.

And there were Brooke’s questionable hook-ups (and I have to laugh remembering a chapter where the sisters do a favor for one of Brooke’s exes….hahaha).

But once again, there was more of a story and that’s why I kept reading (and it was funny).

So it seems like an everyday work day, until two souls go missing…when there are supposed to be three bodies. The girls go hunting and find some answers, while getting chased and stuff.

There are some iffy characters that kind of make you want to read the other books, because you know that something is not right.

I really enjoyed this book…I mean I read it in a few hours.

I do have to say that in the beginning (and a little through-out) there was a lot of emphasis placed on Brooke’s slutty behavior. The author chose to reiterate certain phrases or stories…over and over. And I get that it was meant to add to the humor, but at least for me…it was just getting annoying.

Luckily it didn’t last through-out, and I felt the banter between the two sisters was a little more believable as I read on (and of course, I might have been the only one bothered).

If you’re looking for a good laugh, this is a good book…and it’s completed so that’s even better.

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

A/N: This book has unfortunately been removed from Wattpad, but is still available for purchase.