Nursing a Grudge: An Earl Walker Mystery_ChrisWell

Title: Nursing A Grudge: An Earl Walker Mystery

Username: ChrisWell

Genre: Mystery, Thriller & Spiritual

Rating: PG

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 28/28 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: “Don’t Fall For That Trick: A Booke Cases Mystery” & “Tribulation House: Reloaded.”

Summary:

With the nursing home about to close for good, can a grumpy old man find a killer—and figure out his relationship with his new lady friend—before all the suspects move away?

MY REVIEW:

I’ve recently found several good mystery books, and I can’t wait to share all of them!

So I found ‘Nursing a Grudge’ while searching through the mystery/thriller category, which is something that I rarely do (since I tend to stick to known authors, and what they read).

But I’m glad that I’ve discovered this author, Chris has a great writing style and I’ve enjoyed both of the stories I’ve read so far.

The characters are all a little quirky, and the writing is infused with humor. The ‘mystery’ is not always easily solved, which is one of the first things I look for. Overall the books are just a fun read, and I highly recommend them.   

Back to the story.

So there is Earl (M.C.), an adorable and grumpy man, who’s easy to fall in love with.

His nursing home is about to shut-down, and he’s in denial. The past has turned him into a hermit, and Earl rarely leaves the safety of his apartment. He also has horrible people skills.

That is until a young girl makes a ‘charity’ visit, eventually forcing him to come to terms with reality. Their relationship is cute, and heart-warming.

Earl is pretty condescending at first, but he secretly acknowledges that the girl is only trying to help. Their relationship grows into an odd friendship, where Jenny (young church girl) seems to be his sidekick (partner in crime).

So Jenny forces Earl out of his comfort zone, and as a result they end up witnessing a potential murder.

Poor Earl now has to not only find a new place to live, but he has to investigate a murder. Of course it’s not that easy, since the nursing home is filled with kooky characters determined to keep their own secrets hidden.

I won’t say more about the murder, because spoilers aren’t fun. Oh but there is a lady-friend interested in Earl as well, which only makes this story better.

Also at this point, I’d like to state that there were some ‘spiritual’ themes throughout the book. The bible and some verses were mentioned briefly, but it was never prominent. I didn’t mind it at all, in fact it only added to the humor.

If you end up loving this book as I did, Chris has a lot of other work. ‘Nursing a Grudge’ is complete and posted on Wattpad, but the series continues! I will post a link below where you can find information on the other books (and series).

Overall Rating:★★★★★

Author's Note-

Chris’s website:

http://studiowell.com/Thriller/my-books