Inner Demon_Lady_Lucia

Title: Inner Demon

Username: Lady_Lucia

Genre: Fantasy & Romance & Supernatural & Action

Rating: PG-13

Summary:

The day Reyna Felix gives her friend Dante the chance to be her boyfriend is the day a demon’s soul awakens within her body. His name is Mundus, and with the night’s moon his essence overwhelms her in a frightening way.

Shortly after Mundus’ emerging, another strange individual appears. Amon, Reyna’s hideously scarred uncle, moves into the Felix household and brings with him a disturbing and mysterious presence. 

Odd and at times surprising chaos soon follows, and among it all Reyna is wondering if it’s right to find Mundus attractive. Before her hectic emotions can be sorted, however, something arises. Something which will force Reyna and Mundus to venture into another realm…

The one of demons.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 38/38 (completed)

Other Works I've Read: None.

MY REVIEW:              

Not only is this another fantasy story, but it’s also a story I have found in several reading lists (from people that I follow…and yes I stalk people’s reading list for new things to read).

Since I only follow people whose work I’ve read/liked…and good writers usually read good books, it seemed like a good idea to add this to my list.

And it wasn’t a mistake.

Although I have to admit that the first chapter was a little hard to get through. It was long and it had a lot of information for me.

But honestly the first chapter of every single fantasy book I’ve read on Wattpad (except “Memory of Darkness”), has been difficult for me to really get into.

I don’t know, maybe it’s because this is not my typical genre?

So anyway, this might not be a problem for everyone, and it didn’t discourage me (and it shouldn’t discourage you).

Especially considering that after the first chapter, I fell in love with the characters and the story-line. It’s definitely one of those books that get better with each chapter.

In fact, this author has started the sequel to this book and I have to say it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

So anyway.

In this story, Reyna (MC) suddenly wakes one day with a demon speaking to her inside her mind. After deciding that she hasn’t lost her marbles, she learns that they apparently share a body.

And despite the fact that there is a ‘demon’ in her, Reyna seems pretty calm. She is quite a spunky character and is not easily scared (which irritates the demon).  

There are several characters in this story, all really well developed. But the second main character would be, Mundus...the ancient demon. 

The language used when this character is involved is slightly different. It threw me off the first time, but it was pretty easy to get use to. It also lent itself for some pretty entertaining situations as Mundus clashed in this new modern world that he’s woken up in.

And of course the conversations between the two characters were usually pretty funny. Mundus probably has some of my favorite quotes (I can see them on t-shirts).

But demons waking up in human bodies can’t be a good sign…and it isn’t. Earth is in danger, and Reyna has to decide if she can trust her new ‘friend’ or not.  

The story has some action and romance as well…and some other interesting characters. The characters are not all what they seem, which as a mystery lover made me happy.

If you’re a fantasy reader, this would be another one that I would add to my list. The story-line is different and interesting.

It is also has one of my favorite endings :)

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

Author's Note-

Check out Lady_Lucia's interview!

Please check out the sequel, "Act Of A Demon."