System_TimNorwood

Title: System

Usernname: TimNorwood

Genre: Science Fiction & Adventure

Rating: PG13

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 36/36 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read: “Circle Sea 1: The Pirate Maze” & “Taking Time”

Summary:

A stranger is washed up on an empty beach. Who is he and how did he get there?

Swan and Watcher go on an epic journey to uncover the truth and solve a terrible crime. On the way they discover that being human isn't what it used to be...

Welcome to the System. Be prepared for anything!

MY REVIEW:

Without the SYS club, it has been difficult finding good books to read…maybe I’m one of the very few who actually liked that club?

I just don’t like the lists on Wattpad; they’re full of my least favorite genres (fan fiction, teen fiction and romance).

So I typically just venture into (trusted) reading lists, and pick a random story…if I don’t like it, I just move on to another author/story.

It’s a cycle with lots of clicking.

Somehow I ended up on TimNorwood’s page…and it has been pretty awesome.

This author has quite a few stories ranging in genre, but most works are fantasy, action, adventure and/or science fiction.

I first read “Circle Sea 1: The Pirate Maze,” because it was about pirates…and I love pirates. This book was written really well, definitely on a professional level. But I felt the writing was aimed at a younger audience…maybe ten to fifteen?

It was so well written though, that I decided to pick another book after I finished it.

“System” is a science fiction story, and honestly Tim is one of the best science fiction authors I have found on Wattpad.

His books are just good.

I am currently reading “Taking Time,” but it isn’t completed. Of course, if you don’t mind waiting for updates, you should read it as well (I think I like it more)!

So, “System” is a somewhat complex story…it kind of reminds me of “The Matrix.” There are different worlds…and sometimes it is hard to know what is real and what isn’t.

Basically, a man wakes up on the beach with no memories…and he starts a journey to not only remember who he is, but why someone is trying to kill him.

Swan and his new friend, Watcher jump from place to place, from world to world…racing against the time to figure it all out before a war starts that could destroy the world.

Their journey takes them through time (but not really, it makes more sense when you read it), and it explains how/why the world is the way it is through their adventures (since the M.C. can't remember anything). 

It was definitely an action packed story, but it was constructed really well. There were so many overlapping stories, and connections.

Some chapters were from various point of views, and they all correlated to the MC in some way. Focusing on events that were either happening at the same time or past events that lead up to it. 

I thought the concept and execution were pretty clever.

The story made me think in order to piece it together, and I was excited about the world that the author had created. If you like science fiction, this is a must read!

Overall Rating: ★★★★★