Frost_ELatimer

Title: Frost - Jotun Chronoicles #1

Username: ELatimer

Genre: Fantasy & Adventure

Rating: PG-13

Summary:

"I froze the first boy I ever kissed. And I don't mean he got cold feet..."

Megan is pretty unhappy when she's forced to move to a tiny, freezing town in Canada. It's going to be totally boring, right? Things heat up when she discovers that she possesses a growing power that's becoming more and more difficult to control. Not only that, but the power has attracted some interesting people. A smouldering young man who claims to be her rescuer, and his icy but attractive enemy. They're both claiming to be the good guy, so who exactly is she supposed to trust? Megan finds herself embroiled in an ancient battle between two kingdoms, slowly discovering an identity she never knew she had.

# Of Chapters I’ve Read: 60/60 (completed)

Other Works I’ve Read:  None

MY REVIEW:

This is another story that I’ve had on my list to review for a while…better late than never? So this is a pretty popular story on WP, which is how I found it.

Now this story had a predictable start for me: girl with bad foster parents / moving to a new town. Normally fantasy isn’t my thing to begin with, so I would have stopped there (especially with the foster mom, that character was intense). But I didn’t. It’s a good thing I kept reading, because I loved the characters.

And as the story progressed, I loved the story. It took me while too warm up to it though (probably around the time the M.C. travels to a certain place).

Megan (M.C.) slowly starts to discover that she has magic, and people start showing up that claim they can help her. I was never really sure who the ‘bad’ person was in this case. I kept changing my mind almost as often as the M.C. I’d also suspected some people that didn’t turn out to be evil, so I was tricked in that sense as well. I loved that, because when I figure things out to soon I get bored.

My favorite character was the main evil person, which I won’t mention by name (spoilers). This person was crazy, and that’s my all-time favorite type of character. This character was exceptional.

There’s also a side story line about how Megan got her powers and how it connects her to her ancestors, which I thought was very interesting.

As she figures it all, she’s of course preparing for a battle! The author did well building up the suspense and delivering an awesome end to the story. This is one of those stories that has a lot of reads for a reason. If you like icy magic, battles and crazy villains…then you need to read this.

Overall Rating: ★★★★☆