CH 2

Suarin had fallen gravely ill shortly after the separation from Diseia, at first his brothers didn't understand what was happening. Until they remembered the research that they had started doing each time they had returned from their death. Tylion had always left the information in a place that would bring back memories to one of them. And the writing was always in his.

While Asher and Tylion attended to their brother, pounding came from the front door. A panicked expression crossed Asher's face.

"Have we been discovered?" He panicked while he held Surian down.

Asher heard the conversion from the front of their home, clearly Diseia was in worse shape than their older brother, the strain of what her body had gone through when Surian had pulled her through the rift, then being separated from her mate before the bond could finish forming had clearly sent the female's body into shock.

Surian's eyes snapped open as soon as he smelt jasmine and honeysuckle filter through the rooms, his body was still fighting against itself as he reached up and grabbed his little brother by the color.

"Where. Is. She!" Surian ground out through gritted teeth as he tried to gain control of his body, he knew that she needed him as much as he needed her. "Take me to her now!" The demon in which resided in.

Asher was caught off guard by the sound of Surian's voice, his body moved to hold his older brother down while he glanced around the room. Tylion's eyes never moved from Dante or the young woman in his arms as her body trembled within them. Though the moment Surain's voice carried through the air he knew that if the two were kept apart any longer death was imminent, and he was pretty sure it would be one of the three males standing there.

"Don't worry, I've got her. Get Ash out of there." Dante ordered as he carried his twin to Surian's bedroom.

Surian held his little brother by the throat, as anger and need for the one person that could fill the void that he was feeling when he woke. Diseia was the only one that could quince his thirst. When Tylion graced the doorway he nearly launched himself at his brothers.

"Sur, Let Ash go!" Tylion challenged his brother. "She's right behind me!" He tried to reassure the older male.

"Let him go or my sister will be sleeping in my room!" Dante growled as he shifted her around in his arms. "You may need her but your Lust for her needs to be controlled, You are both hurt. I'll only allow this if you calm your ass down!" He clarified.

Surian felt the shift in the air as Dante entered the room with his mate, his body seemed to relax the moment Di's scent filled the room. It wasn't that he was being told to listen, it was her presence, she calmed him to his core. His hands slipped from Ash's throat as Tylion pulled him from the room, Dante sighed with a slight nod of his head.

"Just lay her next to me please." Surian whispered as he watched her body still.

"So, this is what will happen to all of us when we find our mates." Dante questioned as he laid his sister down next to Surian.

The male pulled his tiny mate into his arms, his eyes roamed over her still frame as he assessed her injuries, The ones he knew he had caused as he pulled her through the rift in the mirror. Surian's heart ached for the female he held tightly to him. He could feel the mate bond between them starting to mend, becoming more finite. Though he and Diseia's twin know there was only one way for the bond to be complete and Surian would wait for her to come to him when the time was right for her.

"Yeah it seems that way." Surian remarked as he brushed strands of silver hair from Di's face. "Had I known the cost, I would have waited." He whispered as he placed his lips against her forehead.

"Your wing?" Dante challenged the male.

"Hers! You asshole!" Surian snarled as he glared at his best friend, the male tried to move from the bed with his mate still in his arms. "Look at what I've done to my mate, I've mangled her, by severing her wing!" He growled as he wobbled back and forth. "I could give two fucks about my wing!" Surian bellowed as he nearly fell over with Di in his arms, her body shifted closer to him as if she knew he was there.

Dante smirked while he pushed his friend back into the bed, making sure his sister nor Surian were harmed in the process. With a quick shake of his head the older male took his younger twin from her mate and laid her next to the male once again.

"Don't try that again." Dante ordered as he moved towards the adjoining bathroom.

Dante was quiet as he glanced back in the room, his eyes softened as he watched Surian with the only blood kin he had left. When Surian's hand moved towards where Diseia's wing used to be, Dante could see the pain in his friend's eyes, the pain Surian felt for Dante's sister made the elder male's heart swell, he knew she would be well cared for if something were to ever happen to him.

"That's all I needed to hear." He admitted as he returned from the bathroom with bandages. "You have my blessing, not that she would ask it of me." Dante chuckled as he nodded towards his twin. "I just wanted to hear you say it now that you're in the right mind and not fueled by adrenaline. Know this my friend, harm my sister and I will end you friend or not." He threatened as he set the bandages on the bed next to her. "Now shall you help me bandage her or shall I call your brothers in here?" Dante teased Surian.

A feral snarl could be heard echoing throughout the room, it was now that Surian wished one of the other males had a mate as well.

"No one is allowed to see her like this!" Surian growled through clenched teeth.

As the male moved to a better position he pulled Di across his bare chest, a painful hiss slipped from his lips while he tried to shield her bare back from her older brother.

"Get her a shirt from my dresser, this gown is ruined. Beyond tattered did they ever let her change?" He wondered aloud. "And a pair of shorts as well. We will have to get her clothes of her own." Surian demanded not liking the fact that she was in the shape she was in.

Luck was on their side, when Surian had pulled her through the mirror and severed her wing, the trauma could have caused damage to her existing wing. But it didn't because the wing had closed on its own, disappearing behind its protective veil. Dante didn't argue, the male simply did what Surian requested. It didn't take long for the pair to have Di's wound bandaged and the young female redressed without either of them looking.

"Now let's dress your wound, so we can get my sister off your bare chest." Dante teased the male.

Surian rolled his eyes as he turned on his side, though he never let his arms fall from Diseia's small frame. The male held his tiny mate to his chest while his friend bandaged where his wing had once been. In Surian's eyes losing his wing was worth it, worth finding his mate, the missing piece to their small family that had been lost eons ago.

"I'd much rather keep her close to me." He taunted his mate's older twin.

Dante groaned as he bandaged Surian's wound before he smacked him gently in the same place. He liked seeing this side of his friend; it was much more refreshing than the brooding demon that seemed to be missing the light they all craved. Dante paused as he moved towards the door his eyes lingered on his sister and best friend, he was both relieved and excited to have her back in their lives, though a lingering thought settled in his mind did his sister know that Surian was her mate all those years ago or had their recurring deaths opened the mate bond on a broader spectrum.

"Before you passed out, we heard them. Well, the weaker ones, the smaller part of their army of angels that is. You know what this means. They'll be looking for her, one of them wants to stake claim to her. Try to bond with your mate. My little sister." Dante told Surian as his hand rested on the door handle.

"Hell will come to earth before they lay another hand on my mate!" Surian hissed as he held Di as close as he could.

"Good that's what I'm counting on. Now rest, spend time with my sister, when the others return there will be a meeting and I'll want to spend some quality time with my twin. Dante told him as he pulled the door closed behind him, leaving Surian alone with Di.