Ch 7

The night was peaceful for Di for once, or at least she thought. She felt the strong yet gentle embrace of her mate's arm wrapped around her as her body fell into a gentle slumber. Her mind seemed to block everything out. Which was a bad thing in a way it gave Erili a way in.

'Hello My pet. Enjoying your time away from home?' The male whispered in her dreams.

Erili stayed just out of the light Diseia had placed herself in, the woman wanted to be as far from the Arch as physically possible. Though she knew that would be hard for her with the secret she held, the one he took from her and held captive.

'You can't reach me here. Leave me be!' Di warned him as she moved in a circle within the sanctuary in her dreams.

Erili let a malicious laugh leave his lips as he stepped forward, his fingers danced through the light as his skin seemed to sizzle and burn. His green hazel like eyes held hatred for the Myrmidon in front of him, as if he had called if from out of nowhere a mirror was held in the palm of his hand.

"I take it you haven't told your mate he's a father? Or that I've placed your newborns in a suspended state of slumber?" He taunted her as the image of Surian and her children flashed across the mirror. "Pity the would have been marvelous little creatures had they been mine, able to go into the light unlike we Angels, so different from demons." Erili hummed as he turned the mirror towards himself to look at the slumbering infants. "Once they're all dead and the world is reborn we will try for our own." He told her without hesitation.

"Why? What is it you truly want with me?" Di pleaded as she reached for the mirror, they were the one thing he had promised not to harm in the two hundred years she had been in his presence.

"You!" He snarled as he held the mirror just of her reach. "You know exactly what I want my pet." Erili snarled as he snatched the mirror away and dissapeared from Diseias dream.

An aching scream left the myrmidan's lips, one that caused Surian to jolt awake and had her brother rushing into their room. A panicked look flashed across Dante's face as he saw Surian holding his wailing twin.

"What the living hell happened in here?" Dante questioned.

Surian shook his head unsure how to answer, they had been sleeping until Di had started screaming and now he was cradling her to his chest as she wept like a child. The cries of the young woman hadn't only woken up her mate and brother but that of Jaden, her brothers and Eviden. The small group sat in the kitchen as Jaden started to make coffee.

"Seriously Jad you still can't make coffee?" Dyson teased his younger sister as he took over the task.

"Sorry Dyson, was sorta on the run and fighting for my life and Yillia's" Jaden stated snarkily.

Syrios listened to his siblings banter back and forth as he watched Eviden stare in the direction which Di's cries had came from. He could see the new found worry and panic in the nephilim's eyes.

"Do you truly understand now?" Syros asked her.

"I do, I just never realized he.." Eviden whispered as her eyes drifted towards her true mate. "Thank you for accepting me as your mate after everything I've done." She mumbled softly.

"Of course!" Dyson exclaimed proudly as he sat a cup of coffee down in front of her "Now the question is will she tell him? And why is Erili using them against her now of all times." He questioned

"Using who?" A groggy male voice asked from the kitchen doorway. There stood Asher as he rubbed the sleep from his teal colored eyes. "Don't think keeping secrets can go unnoticed." He yawned as he moved around them to get to his morning breakfast.