Ch 4

"Enough! She is mine!" He hissed as Envy started to get jealous, the sound of his voice laced Wynn's tone.

Yillia's eyes shot open as she stared around the room, in shock, her hands were trembling as she glanced up at the male who held her in his arms before they turned back towards the woman that Jaden had spoken of.

"I know what she was going to finish saying, they want the mates, us dead or to themselves. Fearing that we would be more powerful to either side and if the Archangels can't have us then no one can." Yillia divulged.

"That's it! This conversation is over!" Dante shouted; he didn't care what anyone thought no one was going to be taking anything from them ever again. "We will be discussing Myros later. Clearly things have changed, and we need to come up with a different plan of action that doesn't involve them joining this war." He ordered as he pointed towards his sister and the other two females, though the moment the words left his lips he wished he had never uttered them.

Diseia stared at her twin as she was death itself, Surian could barely hold her still as she trembled with anger.

"You will not keep me from joining you, nor from protecting what is mine, or my family and if the others wish to join let them. The human seems to have proven herself pretty damned well from what I'm hearing." Diseia snarled as Surian's arms tightened around her small frame.

"You know by now I thought you lot would have learned not to piss her off." A male voice spoke up from the entryway.

Dante's eyes widened as the voice reached his ears, there was no mistaking that voice. It was Myros, everyone's head snapped towards the door. There stood the male they had been looking for, every time they had been reborn, yet here he stood as if he hadn't been missing at all, as if he had been with them through everything.

"Where the fucking hell have you been?" Dante growled as he lunged for the male.

The two rolled around on the ground angrily like a pair of toddlers fighting over a shiny new toy. The others were silent when a Nephilim stepped through the door shortly after Myros. Her honey color hair hung past her waist, while her hazel eyes held amusement at what was happening between the two men.

"Are they always like this?" The young woman asked.

The moment she spoke Dante froze, his heart nearly stopping as he glared down at Myros, Nephilim was his mate. Why was Myros with her?

"Yes." Byron sighed clearly irritated with the two men.

"I see." She chuckled "I'm Tai, Myros's little sister." Tai offered.

"Sister?" The group of men yelled as all eyes shot to her then to the male Dante still held by the collar.

"Myros, I think you should explain." Di ordered as she offered her hand to Tai. "The pleasure is ours, don't mind the Neanderthals on the floor I'm Di, the young human is Yillia and.." she started to add but was cut off.

"The fallen, Jaden. There is much to talk of her in the underground of all of you actually. Especially since the armies have come." Tai explained. "It was no longer safe there." She divulged.

Dante glared at Myros while he let go of the male's collar. He was angry for two reasons. The first he had abandoned them without an explanation and second he had hidden away his mate.

"Anchor or not, leaving for your sister or not you had no right." Dante hissed between clenched teeth as he rushed to his feet.

He quickly dusted himself off, wiped his hands on his jeans before he stood before Tai, with a slightly bowed head Dante offered his hand to the young Nephilim, his mate.

"It's an honor to meet you," He whispered as she took his hand. "Our home is your home, you'll be safe here. And ignore Di. My sister exaggerates, we aren't that bad." Dante chuckled.

Tai glanced at the female Myrmidon who had been talking to her. This was who everyone was willing to fight for. She couldn't see it, at least from her perspective. However, when Dante spoke something in the young Nephilim shifted, her eyes moved from that of the woman to a male that somewhat resembled her. Before Tai knew it she had placed her hand in his waiting one.

There was an instant connection, a spark spread throughout her body. One like she had never felt before. Her eyes widened when she realized what it was. The mate bond was different for everyone, and Tai had just found hers.

"I...Your...Um.." Tai stumbled over her words as she glanced down at their connected hands.

Myros's eyebrow rose in curiosity as he watched his little sister grow shy. Which was odd for him because shy wasn't in her vocabulary.

"What the hell just happened?" Myros questioned as he finally stood from his spot on the hardwood floor.

"The mate bond." Surian chuckled as he pulled Di into his arms and held her to him.

"Seems our siblings are mates, Myros." Diseia giggled as she snuggled into her mate's chest. "Welcome to the family." She tacked on.

"Thank you.." Myros started to say, however he paused as his mind played catch up. "Wait what the actual fuck? And when did you two get together?" He yelled as he pointed at Surian and Di.

"Not long enough." Surian mumbled, while hiding the guilt.

"They're not the only ones mated to someone." Tylion growled as he glanced at Rumi and Wynn.

"Okay, hold on a sec." Myros demanded as he glanced at everyone "How in the hell did you find Di? What happened to the fallen" Who's her mate? What about the human?" He prattled on.

It was then that Di's words had truly settled in. His sister was mated to Dante, the hybrid.

"You're mated to my baby sister?" Myros called out as he lunged for Dante.

Myros never got the chance to get close to Dante who had moved Tai behind him, what had surprised them all was how fast Diseia had moved. One moment she was snuggled tightly in Surian's arms. The next she stood before her brother and his newfound mate; her single amethyst wing spread out before them. The power that radiated off the tiny female caused Myros and the others to take several steps back. They'd all forgotten about the immense power she held especially when it came to her brother.

"You will never touch my brother." She snarled as she took a step towards Myros, her sea green eyes flashed to a metallic blue. Something none of them had seen before. "Are we clear Anchor?" Di growled out the order through clenched teeth.

"Your wing?" Myros stammered in shock. "What happened to it?" He wondered aloud, knowing hers were rare.

There were no other wings like hers, that's why he agreed to help only for it to backfire and his own betrayal to dig the blade deeper into his own heart.

"Don't ask her about that!" Surian snapped while he reached for his mate once again.

"What about her eyes?" Rumi questioned.

"Yeah that's new." Kaden remarked.

"It's the mate bond." A groggy female voice spoke up.

All eyes shifted towards where the voice had come from, there lay Jaden unmoving on the couch, but her eyes were open as she watched the scene unfold.

"Jaden!" Yillia yelled as she wiggled around in Wynn's arms while she tried to get to her friend.

Rumi helped his mate sit up slowly; his eyes never left her form. He simply wanted to make sure his mate had no other injuries.

"You can thank Di and her boost of anger fueled energy." Jaden teased as she rested against Rumi's arm. "You'll find the mate bond has many perks. It's why the Archs wants us or want us dead," She stated bluntly.