Ch 3

"What do you mean? Bryon questioned as he took a seat next to Asher.

"Exactly what I said." Dante quipped as Surian's bedroom door opened to reveal him leading Diseia towards the small group so that they could be involved in the meeting. Especially since this had to do with them as well.

"Right on time, we were waiting for Rumi and Wynn to join..."Kedan had started to say when the front door swung open with a loud thud that reverberated throughout the entire room.

Rumi was covered in blood from head to toe while he held a young female angel in his arms. The female was limp. Her blond hair was drenched in so much blood that she looked like she was a natural redhead, her wings still hung loosely at her side, her rare white and blue feathers were mangled. Next to Rumi stood Wynn with his arm wrapped around a young redhaired female woman's waist. Her face was tear streaked as the male tried to console her. It was clear she was human.

"What the actual fuck!" Surian snarled as he pulled Di behind him, his posture taking on one of a protective male, ready to attack anyone that was a threat to her.

The protective stance left anyone who didn't already know she was his, that he would end them if they came near her, that he would die to protect what was his. And Surian would do just that to make sure the Archangels never got their hands on Di ever again. Deseia placed a gentle yet reassuring hand on Sur's arm to calm him, in doing so the female hybrid peaked around her mate the sight in front of her made her eyes shimmer with unshed tears. The shock of seeing the angel in Rumi's arms had nearly caused her legs to buckle underneath her.

"Where did you find her?" Diseia pleaded as she tried to move around Surian.

The male stopped his tiny mate, his arms wrapped around her waist, the fear of his mate being around the enemy caused his blood to boil.

"Di?" Surian warned.

"It's okay." She promised him as she placed a reassuring hand on his cheek. Her eyes connected with his to let him know she meant it. "She defined the angels eons ago, tried to help me. Only to disappear. I thought she had perished at their hands. Di panicked "where did you find her?" She questioned the worry filling her voice.

Rumi cradled the angel tighter to his chest; she was his no one else's. He didn't want them near her, not even Di, which was strange even for him. He trusted Diseia with his own life.

"What about the human?" Tylion snapped while glaring at Wynn. Who pulled the human closer to him.

"Enough!" Dante shouted as he caught everyone's attention. He knew exactly what was going, Rumi and Wynn had found their mates on their trek back to their safe haven "Talk! Answer Di now both of you. And you!" Dante ordered as he pointed at Surian and Tylion "Retreat your wings!" He mumbled.

Rumi glanced up from the female in his arms towards Di, while moving into the room, Wynn had placed his arm around his mate's waist as he led her into the den of Sin demons.

"We were returning from cleaning up the scene." Wynn started as he helped his red haired blue eyed mate take a seat.

"When we heard the clash of blades, and the wind started to pick up. The noise sounded like trains colliding" Rumi added as the others made way for him to lay the Angel down on one of the extra couches.

Rumi moved several strands of her violet hair from her face to reveal the mark of the fallen. The others' eyes widened.

"As we rounded the corner all we saw was the two of them protecting each other, Yillia had taken her blade." Wynn divulged as he sat down next to his mate and rubbed her back in small circles.