Chapter 22.

The day of the party came, and Isiah was right in telling me Charlotte would want to help. This time I told her about the fancy dresses, and how left out I felt at the last party. Charlotte didn't even hesitate, she told me she had the perfect dress, and it was brand new.

Since Charlotte was at the house since the morning; she practically lives with us now. Isiah just had to take her to her house, so she could pick up the thinngs she said she had for me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see myself like that again, but I was also really nervous.

This is going to be the first time in three months, that I see Eric. The last time we saw each other, things didn't end up well. He told me things, I feel like I told him things. To be honest, after so long I can hardly remember what exactly happend. Yes I remember the big stuff, but the little details seem like a blank to me. Maybe my mind forgot them on purpose.

In the afternoon, after the three of us ate something Charlotte started her magic. I still hadn't seen the dress, since it was in this black bag, but I knew it was going to be a stunner. I trust Charlotte, with the way she does make up and her clothes.

Once Charlotte had gotten all the foundation on, she started with the eye shadow. Since my eyes had to be closed, I had no idea what color was going on my lid. The only thing I felt were the soft strokes, that kind of tickled at time.

"So, are you excited to see Eric?" Charlotte asked. I didn't move my body since she was doing my make up, but I wish I could just to shrug. It seemed easier to express myself that way, than with words.

"Excited is too big of a word. I'm more nervous than anything to be honest. He doesn't even know I'm going to be at the party, unless David told him but I doubt he did," I explained.

"I don't think he did, maybe he wanted Eric to be surprised too," Isiah suggested.

Isiah was laying on the floor with Hayden, just like the last party I was getting ready for. The only difference between now and then, is that Hayden is older. He rolls on his belly, he lifts up his upper body, and lately he's been trying to crawl. In a few days he'll probably be crawling, at least I would hope so.

"Well once Eric sees Aaliyah, he'll be more than surprised," Charlotte said. I smiled at her words, as she continued to stroke the brush on my eye lid.

"Where did you even get the dress?" I asked Charlotte.

"Well, my Mom bought me that dress for prom. It was a little too much for me, so I ended up not wearing. It's such a beautiful dress though, it deserves a night out. I feel like it would look too extra on me, but it'll look beautiful on you. Just watch, when Eric sees you his jaw will drop, you're gonna look way better than the last time if that's even possible." Charlotte continued to brush on the make up, as she spoke.

I felt nervous to see him, but happy as well. I felt like my emotions were everywhere, and I was feeling really confused. I felt happy, but really nervous. I also felt scared, but at the same time I felt really confident. I felt like he was going to be happy to see me,  but at the same time he might not be.

Charlotte took her time doing my make up, and hair. I still hadn't seen my make up, but my hair was an up do. I felt her curl some strands, and I felt the bobby pins holding my hair in place. I haven't seen myself yet, but I already felt good about myself. Hopefully it's the same feeling as last time, if not a better one.

Once she was all done with my hair and make up, it was time to put the dress on. I took the black bag into the bathroom, and the red heels as well.

As I opened the bag, I gasped. The dress was beautiful, it was breath taking. I carefully slipped it on, and I was surprised that it fit like a glove. I know the dress is Charlotte's, but it felt like it was made for me.

The dress was silver, this sparkling silver. The top was a halter, but with a sweetheart neck line. The bottom of the dress flowed down, and the slit on my left leg was visible. It definently fit with the theme of winter, and with the red heels and red lip stick it'll look even better. My eye make up looked more natural, a mixer of browns which I loved. I felt beautiful and confident. I was looking forward to this party, even if I was still super nervous.

Isiah was nice enough to drive me to the party. Charlotte tagged along, which meant we also brought Hayden. I directed Isiah best I could, since I've only been there once. I tried seeing things that looked familiar, so I knew I was going the right way.

"Hey Aaliyah, I know you're nervous but you'll be fine," Charlotte reassured me. I smiled at her words, and turned to look at Hayden.

It hurts having to leave him again for the second time, but I felt like I had to go to this party. Hayden was just looking forward, and kicking his legs without a care in the world. The more I watched him, the more I just wanted to go home and lay down with him. So, I looked away. I thought of Eric, and told myself I needed to go to this party.

"It's here," I told Isiah as we pulled up to the massive house. I think I heard Charlotte and Isiah gasp, but I wasn't sure since it was so low.

"Maybe later on, if you and Eric get together we'll be invited to one of these," Isiah said.

"If you are, who would watch Hayden?" I joked around. Isiah turned to look at me and smiled.

"I think Hayden would appreciate going to a party. Wouldn't you Hayden?" Isiah questioned him. We all heard as Hayden tried to babble some kind of words. I smiled at my baby, and thought Grace would be proud.

These past months all I could think about is, what would Grace want me to do? That's pretty much how I got passed my dark phase. I wanted to live life, how Grace would want me to. If Grace was here, she would of been encouraging me to come to this party. So, here I am.

I opened the door of the car, and looked at Isiah. "Wish me luck," I said. Almost simultaneously, Charlotte and Isiah answered.

"Good luck."

I hoped out of the car, and slowly walked to the entrance. I could see some people just walking in, and I couldn't help but think that I was right to wear this gown. Now I won't stand out, I was properly dressed.

As I walked through the front doors, I made my way through the crowd. I was nervous to bump into Eric, but at the same time I was hoping to just do that. Making my way through the crowd wasn't too hard, it was like everyone moved to the side as they saw me coming. I felt a few glances on me, and it made me feel a bit nervous. What were they looking at? Maybe they just really liked the dress I wore?

I passed the living room, and it looked like I was by the back door. My mind started to drift off to what was back there, and the magical night and kiss. I quickly snapped out of it, I wanted to find Eric first.

I turned around and my sight went straight to the bar. There I saw Eric, but he wasn't alone. David and Piper were with him, but there was also another girl next to him. It looked like they were talking, and having a good time. The girl looked like she was around my height, but her curly dirty blond hair looked nothing like my brown one.

I felt stupid for even coming to the party, and I started to wonder why David didn't warn him if he knew I was coming. Eric still hadn't noticed me, but David had. He looked in my direction and smiled, he waved as if nothing was happening. Did he just invite me as a joke? Maybe I am just a joke to the two brothers.

Feeling embarrassed, I ran outside. The pond, the trees, the lights, and the gazebo were just how I remembered them. I ran straight to the gazebo, tears starting to form in my eyes. As I reached it, the night Eric and I were here started to replay itself in my head.

I took a seat on the edge of the bench in here, and I held the tears in my eyes. I didn't want to be crying, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Aaliyah?" I looked up to see who had called my name. Eric, stood in front of me.