Chapter 2.

Just as we had assumed, Isiah was on board with us leaving in a heart beat. He knew how miserable we both were living in that house, so he was excited when I told him about Grace's plan.

I had also told him about Grace's pregnancy, and he was more than shocked when I shared the news. Being the best friend that he was to the both of us, the first thing he told Grace was that he would also be there for her. Anything she needed, he didn't want for her to hesitate to ask. He was going to be there for her, just as much as he would be there for me, if I were in Grace's shoes.

The next day I had asked Isiah to take me to Java Beans, to ask about being relocated like Grace had wanted me to. Grace was suppose to take me, but they called her into work last minute. With us having to pay for rent, bills, groceries, and baby supplies we needed the money. So Grace figured she go into work, and Isiah would take me.

It's times like these when I wish I had my driver's license. I know how to drive, thanks to both Grace and Isiah, but I still wasn't able to take that driving test. Not to mention that I don't even have a car, so even if I did have my license, I would still need of Isiah's help.

I walked into Java Beans on my own, Isiah decided to wait for me in the car. The place wasn't very busy, but I already knew it wouldn't be at this time.

"Hey, Aaliyah. You're not working today, are you?" My co-worker, Josh, asked.

Josh was behind the display case of pastries. The pastries were behind a thick glass, and next to it was the register. As soon as he saw me come in, he walked over to the register.

Josh was definitely my best work buddy I had here. He was a gay proud man, and he was always extremely nice to me. I was going to miss working with him, but relocating was the easiest thing I'd be able to do. It's not like I would have a daily ride to work, since Pleasington is about a half hour away. Working in Pleasington makes the most sense to me, since I figured I'd have to walk or ride my long board to work.

"No, I came to talk to Jeff," I answered him walking up to the register.

Jeff was the cool manager, as we liked to call him. He always tried to give everyone any day they needed off, and he loved to rely on me. I mean when I would do anything to not be home, picking up shifts here and there shouldn't be unusual.s

"Oh, he's in the back in the office," Josh said. "Is everything okay?"

"More than okay, but I have a feeling you won't like the news," I said to him biting my lip.

Josh gasped, "don't tell me you're quitting."

I slightly bit my lip, "kind of. I'm requesting to get relocated to Pleasington."

"Pleasington? Why? I'm going to lose my best work bestie?" Josh practically exclaimed.

"My sister and I are moving there, so I figured it would be easier to get relocated," I said to him.

Josh doesn't really know to what extent of miserable I'm living in. I have mentioned to him more than a few times that I'm unhappy living with the step monster. He also knows about my parents passing away, but that's about all he knows.

"I'm going to miss you! But I'm happy you're moving out of that house," Josh said to me.

"Thank you, I'm going to go talk to Jeff," I said to him.

Josh didn't say anything, instead he gave me a quick hug as I walked past him. I made my way to the back of the kitchen. There was a door there that lead to the office. Before opening the door, I gave a quick knock. It didn't take long to hear Jeff say,

"Come in."

I opened the door and walked inside the office. Jeff looked up to see who it was, and a smile spread on his lips.