Chapter 8.

By the time Isiah had gotten there, Eric and I were no longer in the private room. Eric and I were sitting next to each other in the waiting room, his arm was over my shoulders, and I was leaning against him for support. Although Eric was the last person I would ever imagine here with me, part of me was glad he was here. Not once has he teased, or annoyed me, and I couldn't help but think that if I would tell Grace this, she would be the one teasing me at the end.

"Aaliyah?" I heard Isiah's voice. I slowly looked over to him, and slowly stood up. When Isiah called over the phone that he was here, I couldn't bare to tell him the news.

"Aaliyah, sweetie, is everything okay?" Once she spoke, I realized Isiah's mom was with him.

Isiah's Mom and my mom were really good friends, and I felt like I hadn't seen the women in a long time. Isiah looked just like his mom, blond hair and green eyes.

Before I spoke to them, I hugged Isiah, and I felt his arms hug me back. "Grace had Hayden pre-mature, and she passed away," I mumbled into Isiah's shoulder. I knew he had heard me, because his grip tighten on me. I started to sob once again, and this time into Isiah's shoulder.

Although Eric said he was going to leave once Isiah turned up, he was still there at the hospital with us. Isiah hadn't said much to him, but he did question me on why he was here. After explaining to Isiah, he just nodded, and left the conversation at that. We've all been just mostly waiting on the doctors, to see what we have to do next. Plus, I still hadn't met Hayden.

"Look Aaliyah," Isiah's Mom started to say. "I always told you and Grace I'd be here for the both of you, and I would love to have you move in with us at the house." I looked over to Isiah's Mom and shook my head.

After my Dad passed away and Grace and I were stuck with Sheila, Isiah's Mom didn't open the door to her house like she is now. She talked to us, and told us there was no room for us, but whatever we needed she'd be there for us. Now that she's offering Hayden and I to move in, I couldn't do it. "I'll be okay, but thank you for the offer. I mean Grace and I mostly got everything Hayden needs, I'm just going to have to learn how to juggle work and a baby," I explained.

"What if I move in with you?" Isiah quickly suggested.

"Isiah, you just graduated high school. You need to go to college, and plus you can't leave your job back home," Isiah's Mom explained.

"I can start college here, and find a new job. Mom, I'm not going to leave Aaliyah alone in this. If it's okay with Aaliyah I'll move in with her, she's like the sister I never had and I'm going to be here for her." Isiah turned to look at me, as if waiting for an answer.

"If you want to move in with me, I'm fine with it, I just don't want to cause problems," I explained.

I noticed how Isiah's Mom looked like she was thinking, I could tell she was upset with the idea, but she does need to realize that Isiah is trying to do a good thing for me. If Isiah moved in, I feel like maybe I would be able to raise Hayden. The thought of being alone with a baby scared me, at least I was suppose to have Grace with me, but now she's gone.

"If that's what you want to do Isiah than fine, I can't stop you, you're already eighteen. Just, good luck finding a job at such short notice," Isiah's Mom said.

We heard as Eric cleared his voice, and all three of us looked at him. "We're actually looking for another worker at Java Beans, if you need a job the position is yours."

"I didn't know we were still hiring," I said.

Eric shrugged. "We're actually looking for an assistant manager, and Aaliyah my Dad and I have been talking and the position is yours if you want it. If you take the position, the spot is open for Isiah to join us," Eric explained.

I knew taking the position would mean working closer to Eric, but I wasn't going to let that get in the way. I'll deal with Eric if I have to, but if hes going to be this guy he was today, I don't think we'll have a problem at all.

"I'll take the position, but I want that spot guaranteed to Isiah," I explained. I saw as a small smile form on Eric's lips.

"The position is yours," Eric reassured him.

"Thank you," was the first words Isiah said to Eric.

Before anyone could say anything else, the doctor came out. I stood up, hoping to hear some good news from him. "Aaliyah, if you want to come back with me you can see the baby," he explained. I nodded, and started to follow him.

I followed the doctor through these big doors, and through every turn he took as well. He lead me through a different door, and I followed him inside.

In the room there was multiple babies in incubators, and I followed as he lead me to the baby that was Hayden. "This is your sisters baby, and we assume you'll be taking care of him?" He asked.

"Yeah, he'll be coming home with me," I confirmed. I watched as Hayden slept, he was tiny. His little hands and feet, they were the cutest things ever, I already loved him with all my heart.

A nurse handed me a clipboard, there was papers attached to it. "Just have these filled out," she said. I smiled at her and nodded.

The nurse walked away, probably to check on another baby. I placed my hand on the glass, Hayden laid behind it. "I'll take care of you baby, I promise."