Chapter 24.

Eric and I laid down next to each other for a minute. What just happend is indescribable. It was romantic, and he was super gentle with me. As we laid down my head was on his chest, and he hugged my body with his arm. We were both tired, and if I didn't have Hayden waiting for me at home, I would stay here with him tonight.

I looked over at Eric's night stand, an alarm clock showed me the time in a bright red color. 12:23am. I was shocked at the time, and I quickly got up from the bed. I started to put my clothes back on, and I could feel Eric's eyes watching me.

"Are you okay?" Eric questioned. As I slipped the dress on, I turned to look at him.

"Yeah, it's just late. I have a baby at home, remember?"I questioned him. Eric smiled, and he got off the bed as well.

"I was hoping you would spend the night," Eric said as he dressed himself.

"I would love to, but I can't. I can't leave Hayden like that all night. I trust Isiah and Charlotte, but that's my baby I need to take care of. It was hard enough leaving him just to come, I can't imagine leaving him for a whole night."

Hayden came to mind. His smile, his laugh, his little hands. As much as I would love to spend the night with Eric, I can't.

"How about I spend the night at your place?" Eric asked as he finished dressing. I smiled at him, and nodded.

"I would love that," I answered him.

Eric grabbed a bag, and he started to pack it with a few pairs of clothes. He quickly finished, and once he did he turned to look at me. He made his way over to me. He grabbed me by my waist, and pulled me closer to his body. He brought his lips down to mine, and I gladly returned the kiss.

"I love you," Eric said as he pulled away. I smiled at the words that left his lips.

"I love you too," I responded.

Eric and I made our way to his car. I opened the passenger door, and slipped in. The car still looked, smelled, and felt the same as it did a few months back. It was comforting.

As Eric drove, we were silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. I still wanted to ask Eric more about that so called business trip he went to, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. At this point, I didn't care about it. He left, but the important thing is that he came back. He came back, and I feel like we both learned something. Leaving one another is the easy part. Living without the other, that's the hard part.

I looked over at Eric, and I smiled. He was perfect. Just his face in general, his skin, his hair. The smile that was slowly growing on his lips; he was the definition of perfection in my eyes.

Eric briefly turned to look at me, and that's when I realized that I was staring. I turned away, and I felt my face burning.

"Sorry, I didn't realize I was staring," I apologized embarrassed. I heard Eric chuckle.

"Don't apologize, that just makes this not feel right," Eric explained. I turned to look at him again, my face cooling down.

"And me staring does feel right?" I asked with a chuckle. I turned back to look at the road, but from the corner of my eye I could see Eric taking glances of me.

"Yes, it does," he said with a smile as he watched the road. "I'm always staring at you when I can, but you just never seem to notice." I turned to look at Eric again, my face starting to feel warm. Eric turned to look at me for a second, before his eyes locked on the road again.

"What?" He questioned. I looked away again, this time I looked at my lap.

"Nothing, I just didn't know you stared at me. Like you said, I never notice," I repeated his words.

I didn't even find it creepy if he did stare. If it was someone else, then yes that would be creepy. Since it's Eric though, the fact he looks at me it's cute. I felt kind of shy about it.

"Sorry if it make you uncomfortable, but I have to speak the truth. If a doctor told me I was going blind, and I had to pick what I wanted to look at for the last time, I would tell them I want to look at you. That way when I do go blind, at least I had the advantage of knowing I saw the most beautiful person for the last time."

I felt my cheeks burn red. I've never had a guy compliment me like this, with true words of love. I've had guys call me hot, and sexy. But all those words mean nothing to me. The words Eric speaks, these are the words that actually make me feel beautiful.

"Eric, you're crazy," I said to him laughing as I turned to look at him. I believed what he said, but it just gave me this indescribable feeling in me. I love that feeling.

"I am crazy, anyone who knew how much I love you will agree with you. I'm totally and completely crazy in love with you." Eric parked in front of my house. He took my hand and turned to look at me. He brought my hand to his lips, and kissed it. My stomach was filled with butterflies.

"I love you too, Eric. I'm just as crazy for you. I guess that's two of us that are insane," I said with a laugh.

Eric smiled wide, and he quickly brought his lips to mine. Even though we've kissed multiple times, every time we kiss it's like the first time. It's full of passion, love, and magic.

"Let's go inside, I've really missed Hayden," Eric said as he pulled away. I smiled at him and nodded.

Eric and I entered the house. Isiah and Charlotte were still awake, watching movies. They both looked over at the door, as soon as they heard it open.

"Eric! Does that mean you two are finally together? Like officially?" Charlotte asked.

Eric and I looked at each other with smiles. We looked back at her, and I nodded.

"Finally!" Isiah exclaimed.

"Shh, Hayden's sleeping," Charlotte scolded him. Isiah placed a hand over his mouth, as if that was going to stop him from talking.

"Where is Hayden? In his room?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, I just put him down again. He woke up to drink a bottle," Isiah explained.

"Come on, so you can see him," I said to Eric.

Eric and I walked towards my room, me in front of him leading the way.

"Come back after, were watching a scary movie," Charlotte said.

"We will," Eric confirmed.

Eric entered my room, and he quietly walked over to Hayden's crib. I watched for a while as Eric looked at Hayden. Once I looked away I grabbed my pjs, I wanted to get into something more comfortable.

"I really missed him, he grew up so much," Eric pointed out.

"I know, but you'll be able to watch him grow now," I said to him. I watched as Eric smiled at Hayden in his crib.

After Eric and I were fully changed, we left the door open to the room and joined Charlotte and Isiah in the living room. Eric and I got comfortable on the floor, and Charlotte pressed play on the movie.