Chapter 13.

A week has passed since Eric's and my moment. Since it's Sunday today, I didn't have to go to work thankfully. Lately, my days off have just been Sunday, which I'm okay with. Hayden needs so much things that I don't mind working, I need the money to get Hayden his necessities.

Usually on Sundays Isiah works, but today he had it off as well. Since he hasn't seen his mom or family since he moved in with me, today he decided to go visit them. He offered to take me with him, but I decided to stay. I love Isiah's Mom and Dad, but I was scared they would tell us something about living alone with a baby, in a different city. Plus, I didn't want to run into the chance of seeing the wicked step monster. I wonder how she's doing ever since we left.

Since I didn't have plans today, my plan was to get this house clean. The house was clean, but I had the biggest urge to deep clean it. The only room I was going to leave alone was Isiah's, but other than that I wanted to organize everything and find a spot for everything.

Since Hayden was still napping, I decided to take advantage of the time to start the clean up process. As I started to clean the kitchen, I started to notice the lack of food. Isiah was suppose to take me to the supermarket so we could buy food, but I guess it slipped our mind. Even though it's been a month since we've been living together, we still slack on a lot.

My priority is Hayden and his needs, and I guess that's caused me to forget mine. There's some food, but not a lot of food. Maybe if Isiah gets home early we can go food shopping, if not I guess I'll have to take the stroller and go with Hayden.

As I continued to clean, I heard a cry being let out. Hayden's probably awake now, and I bet he woke up to eat. I went to the room, and there was Hayden in his crib crying and kicking his small legs. "Hi baby, are you hungry?" I questioned him. Obviously Hayden didn't answer, but he did calm down at the sound of my voice.

I took Hayden out of his crib, and before I gave him a bottle I gave him his pacifier. His diaper seemed full, so I wanted to change that first before he gets a bad rash. I quickly but carefully changed Hayden's diaper, and he patiently waited for his bottle, since he was distracting himself with his pacifier.

Once he was all changed, I was going to get his bottle ready. The doorbell rang, so I left the job half done. I took Hayden into my arms, and took him with me to open the door. At first I thought it would be Isiah, but he has his own house key.

I opened the door, and a smiling Eric stood at the door. A smile quickly appeared on my lips, and I felt happy to see him. "Hey little man you're awake?" Eric questioned. He went straight for Hayden, and I gladly let Eric hold him. Hayden didn't fuss about Eric, he stayed calm and kept sucking on his pacifier.

"Come in, it's kind of hot outside," I pointed out.

Eric walked inside, and I closed the door behind him. Eric went straight to the couch and took a seat with Hayden, he seemed happy being with Hayden again. "Do you mind holding him for a bit? I was in the middle of making him a bottle," I explained.

"Leave the little man with me, seems like he doesn't mind being with me." Eric said smiling. He was hugging Hayden, and tickling his belly. Hayden would smile once in a while, but he was hungry so he's probably not in the mood to play.

I went back into the room to finish making the bottle. I took the formula out, and I realized Hayden needed more. I was already on his last can, and I just noticed now. Although I do keep up with all of Hayden's things, sometimes Isiah doesn't let me know if he used the last of something, so it does confuse me at times. Point is though, this is his last can. It can still last him for a few days but I rather not run the risk.

Once Hayden's bottle was made, I went back to the living room with the two boys. Eric was still trying to make Hayden laugh, but Hayden still seemed to be in a bad mood. Eric looked up at me and smiled. "Can I feed him? I didn't realize how much I missed this little baby," Eric commented.

I handed Eric the bottle, and quickly Hayden let go of the pacifier. Eric started to feed him, and my little baby finally looked content. "So what brings you here?" I questioned him. I took a seat next to him and Hayden.

"I came to ask you something, actually," Eric answered.

"What is it?" Eric looked nervous now. He kept his eyes on Hayden, and I could tell he was trying to avoid eye contact with me. Was he going to ask me something that bad? Or was his question just nerve racking?

"Look, Paris is having this masquerade ball in about a month. She's turning eighteen, and my parents want to throw her this big party. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me, as my date." Eric still wasn't looking at me, but now I understood why. He was asking me to be his date to a family event.

Part of me wanted to tell Eric no, I didn't want to go to some party. What made me not want to go was the fact that I didn't want to leave Hayden, because if Paris was inviting everyone in the coffee house then Isiah wouldn't be able to watch Hayden either.

The other part of me wanted to say yes, anything to have that scene at the coffee shop to replay again. The more I thought about that moment, the more I was ready to tell him yes. "What about Hayden? Wouldn't Paris invite everyone at the coffee shop?" I questioned him. Eric shook his head.

"Not exactly, it's kind of a closed party. Family only kind of thing, and people who are invited get a plus one. That's why I ask you, I want you to be my plus one if you don't mind." Eric still looked nervous.

"I would need to talk to Isiah, see if he would watch Hayden for me. I'm sorry, I can't really give you an answer." It hurt telling him no, that's when I realized I really did want to be his plus one.

"Let's do this then. Tomorrow after work I want to take you out to eat, you and Hayden both. Talk to Isiah tonight and give me your answer tomorrow after work," Eric suggested.

I smiled at Eric, it really did seem like he wanted me to go with him. "Fine, it's a deal, I'll give you my answer for sure tomorrow afternoon." I smiled at Eric, and he smiled back.

I was really hoping Isiah would say yes, because right now I really did want to go.