Chapter 29.

A month flew by, and Eric and I couldn't be happier. We managed to get the house Eric surprised me with me. Eric was also right, the house was breath taking.

It was a two story house, two rooms were located upstairs, with the master bedroom downstairs. The two full bathrooms were on each level of the house. One was up stairs, and the other was downstairs connected to the master bedroom.

The living room was the first thing you see when you enter the house. Separated by a wall was the dining room, once you go through the door it's the dining room. And separated by another wall with a door opening, was the kitchen. The house wasn't as grand as Eric's house, but it seems like the perfect house for us to raise our family.

Since Eric and I were moving out, Charlotte and Isiah were staying with the apartment. Charlotte seemed really happy to be going on the next level with Isiah, and it really only makes sense for them to move in together. Charlotte's always at the house now anyways, the only difference now will be that her stuff will be here.

Eric has been helping me pack all my things, and Grace's. Since she passed away I never bothered to take a look at her things. They were still in the back, where Isaiah had left them when she passed away. First, I wanted to get my things ready to move. Once I was done with mine and Hayden's things, I was going to move to Grace's things and sort them out.

As Eric and I moved our clothes into boxes, a knock was heard on the door.

"I'll get it," I informed Eric. Hayden was on the floor, so I made sure to be careful where I stepped.

As I reached the door, I opened it. My heart dropped, and I felt very confused on what was going on.

"May I help you officers?" I asked them.

Two officers stood at the front door, a man and a woman dressed in blue. Their cop car was parked outside on the curb.

"Yes, we're looking for Aaliyah Garza," the woman announced.

"I'm her," I confirmed.

"Aaliyah Garza, we have an order to take you into custody. Anything you say will be held-"

I didn't listen to the miranda rights as the man recited them. The woman turned me around, and she cuffed my hands together.

"... For the kidnapping of Hayden Garza."

My heart dropped. Those last words the officer said. My heart just dropped, and I could feel tears building up in my eyes. They think I kidnapped Hayden. The first person that came to mind was Lucas, then it was Sheila. Who would accuse me of kidnapping Hayden? I had all the paper work to prove I was the legal guardian.

"What's going on?" Eric questioned. I turned to look at him. He stood by the door, with Hayden in his arms.

"They think I kidnapped Hayden," I said to him.

"This is a misunderstanding, Aaliyah didn't do anything wrong," Eric tried to defend me.

The women police officer carefully took Hayden into her arms. I was able to tell Eric was very hesitant on handing him over, but he had no other choice than to do it.

"It's okay Eric," I tried to seem strong, but I actually wasn't on the inside. "Just get the all the paper work, and take it down to the police station. Please hurry, and meet me there."

"Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can," Eric confrimed.

I got in the police car, and the officer drove me to the police station. The whole way there I couldn't stop thinking about Hayden. He wasn't there in the same car as me, which made me feel very nervous about when I would be able to see him again. I don't care if their gonna allow me to see him a few hours later. A few hours later is way too long, I want to see Hayden now. I don't care what anyone has to say, I'm his Mom. Since Grace wasn't able to be here to fulfill her destiny of being a Mom to that beautiful boy, I had the honor to do so.

Once we were at the police station, the officers escorted me down the vehicle. They lead me to the station, and into a room. From what I can tell this is an interrogation room. At least, that's what they look like in movies.

"Just stay here, an officer will be with you," the man said as he left the room.

It felt like an eternity just waiting. All I could think of was that Hayden will be okay, and that hopefully Eric can hurry with the paper work. This is no jail cell, but it might as well be.

The door opened, and a man in a black suit and white shirt walked in. His badge was on his belt, but even that didn't make him seem intimidating. Maybe it's just the fact that I know I'm innocent.

"Before you even ask or say anything, I'm innocent. My sister passed away in the hospital after she gave birth to Hayden. I'm nineteen now, but I was eighteen then. I took responsibility of my nephew, and once my boyfriend gets here with the proof you'll see I'm not lying."

Part of me felt like I should of waited until he started to question me, but I didn't feel like I should. I needed them to know I was innocent, and this was all a mistake.

"We'll wait until this so called proof gets here, but all we know is that Lucas, Hayden's father was looking for him. Right now he's reunited with his son, he looks happy and relieved. We'll just let you sit here for a minute, if that boyfriend doesn't show up we'll have no other option but to press charges."

The man walked out, and once again I was alone in the room. I knew it was Lucas who was behind this.

It felt like hours passed by, and I was just left there. I had no idea what was going on, but I do know I've been in this room for at least an hour. Was Eric not back yet?

A woman came into the room. She didn't say anything, until she finished uncuffing me.

"You're free to go, Eric is waiting for you outside."

I felt like I ran, but I knew I didn't. I followed the woman out of the room, and to Eric. It looked like he had been crying, and it hurt seeing him like that.

"Are you okay?" Eric questioned me. I hugged him tight, and he did the same.

"I'm fine, just glad I'm out of there. Where's Hayden?" I questioned him. Eric looked down at his feet, something was wrong.

"Lucas took him, now he's truly kidnapped."