9

I hear gasps and for the first time today I move, pulling down my sleeve and running out the room and into mine.

I grab my pills for the day and swallow.

Next: escape plan.

Window. I quickly open it and fall out of it as gracefully as I can manage.

Then I sit, between the bushes and my house, shutting my window silently.

This time I do cry.

I'm worthless. I have an ugly body and an ugly personality. I have nothing to stay for.

I'm trying to run away from this mess and I only make it as far as outside my window,

At least they won't expect someone to be dumb enough to stay where they are running from.

~(Michael's POV)~

I pull Calum's sleeve up and I only get up an inch and he snaps away. My breath gets caught in my throat.

His arm has faint pink lines and dark red scabs. Littered with old and new and the unseen in his mind. Fuck.

How didn't we notice? Or at least check?

Why does he do it though? For fucks sake Ashton just stopped and I just went back.

Shit I forgot they still think I'm getting better. Well I'm a fuck up who gives up after 2 months.

I look back down and realize he's gone.

Crap.

I look behind me and Luke is clutching onto Ashton and Ashton isn't doing too hot.

Luke's lips are moving.

"I thought one of us was okay. I thought he was okay. I thought he could help us. That he was stable. How didn't we notice? Where is he?!?"

At the end of that rampage Ashton comes back to earth and we go hunting for our hurt puppy.

"I'm gonna look for something" I hear Luke say as he disappears down the hall.

"Ash just sit down, he could be anywhere, I'll call 911 and let's wait here in case he comes back."

Ash slides down the wall with a tear stained face, counting to try and calm his breathing.

I call 911, putting the phone to my ear after holding 0 so they'll put me to a real person.

"How may I help you?" I bland voice recites.

"My friend's missing."

"What's there name, and where were they last seen?" They say the question like a demand.

"Calum Hood and 605 Hershall Road zip code is 45116"

"We'll call you when we get any information."

With that the phone call ends.

"H-he didn't t-trust us. W-we" sob. "trusted h-him" sob. "w-what did I d-do?"

My heart breaks at that. I'm doing the same right now as Calum was.

"Ash you did nothing," I slide down next to him, "he didn't trust anyone, he felt paranoid. Like Luke did when he was afraid to tell his mom that he's pan."

I put my arm around him and he rests his head on my shoulder. "Boo we'll be okay, I promise. When he's back we'll figure this out."

"GUYS!?!" I get up slowly dragging Ashton, going towards Luke in Calum's room.