you saved my life

Disclaimer: I know the dates for Love on Tour are not accurate, but please just ignore that. Also, I'm not entirely sure how the 2021 setlist went (I wasn't a hardcore fan until October 2022!) so please bare with me. I love you all so much.

"Do you need help finding anything today?"

I glance up and see a worker staring at me expectantly. "No, I'm okay." She nods and walks away, presumably checking on other customers. Right now, I'm in a local craft store, wanting to buy just a few things. All I need are sequins, glitter, and a poster board. Ooh, and maybe some colorful markers.

You may be wondering what I need all of these craft supplies for. Well, tomorrow is Thursday, which means Ella and I are going to Love on Tour! I'm going to make a sign and bring it, in hopes of Harry reading it aloud.

I need to compare prices before purchasing. Too much money can't be spent in this store, despite how much I truly love art. I'm trying to only spend a few pounds since I still need to pay Ella back for my concert ticket. I worked a double yesterday to rack up more tips just for that reason.

"Okay, I think that's everything." I mutter to myself. My arms are filled with supplies to make my sign, which is already planned out. I'm going to make it tonight after dinner is made and the dishes are washed. Not to mention, I need to get to bed early, since the line starts forming hours before the show. My money was well spent today, considering the supplies will last me a while.

Walking to the line, I take one last glance down the aisles beside me, mentally running through the list of things I came here for.

"Alright, that's everything. Don't get distracted, Matilda." I mutter. After practically forcing myself to walk straight to the checkout rather than getting sidetracked, I shove the paper bag into the small basket attached to my bike before pedaling home. It's nearly time for dinner, meaning that I need to get home and cook. I'm planning on making a nice pasta dish, complete with marinara sauce.

I lean the bike against the side of the house, walking inside after doing so. I can hear my parents watching TV in the living room. Taking a minute to mentally pray that they're in a decent mood, I tiptoe up the stairs to put the art supplies in my room in an attempt to stay quiet and unnoticed. Lizzy is staying the night at our Nana's house, since I knew I had to go shopping, and didn't want to have to drag her along. And leaving her at home was definitely not an option. That's asking for disaster.

I place the art stuff on my bed. I'm going to make my sign after dinner. Since I want to actually put effort into it, I'll need a bit of time to complete my work. As for now, I need to get started on dinner so it can be ready by seven. Any later and my parents won't be happy. I'm not in the mood to deal with that today, no matter how much I deserve it.

"What were you doing out?" My mum asks as soon as my feet have hit the tile flooring. Jesus Christ, I just got downstairs and I'm already being bombarded with questions.

I go with the first lie that pops into my head. "I was working."

"Were you now? Why aren't you in your work uniform, then?" Shit. I really didn't think this through.

"That's what I was doing upstairs... I was changing my outfit."

"You're lying. You know what I think you were doing? I think you were out being a little slut. So fucking desperate to get laid. You're such a fucking slut.''

"No, mom, that's not-"

"Are you talking back to me? Listen up bitch, I'm in charge here. I don't give a fuck that you're an adult. You will fucking listen to me as long as you're living under my roof. Lord knows you won't fucking move out because of your fucking sister." She scoffs. "Now, go make dinner, bitch."