hot and cold

A/N: 39 degrees Celsius is equivalent to 102 degrees Fahrenheit <3 I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Fuck you, arthritis. That was my first thought this morning when I woke up with a fever of 39 degrees. My entire body is shivering. I'm so cold. Five blankets are piled on top of me, which somehow still isn't enough.

I can barely even keep my eyes open. I had to call Ella early this morning and ask her to take Lizzy to school, because there was no way I could get on my bike. After calling out sick from work, I crawled back into the comfort of my warm bed. A quick thirty minute power nap did absolutely nothing to relieve my symptoms, but at least I got an extra half an hour of sleep. It was much needed.

It's already eight o'clock, and I haven't done anything around the house. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to, when makes me so angry. My parents are going to be pissed. And that's putting it lightly. I reach for my phone, turning it on to check for texts or any other notifications. I only have one text, from none other than Harry Styles. My heart flutters at the sight of his contact name.

Harry 🍉: hi! i was wondering if you'd like to meet up and talk about what your sister said yesterday. i promise that i'm not trying to intrude. i just truly care about you

Me: i'm so sorry, harry. i woke up with a fever this morning. i can barely even hold my head up lol. maybe we could meet up another time?

I place my phone face down next to me, closing my eyes. No matter how many times I have a high temperature, I don't think I'll ever get used to the crappy feeling. My skin feels hot to the touch, but inside, I'm freezing. Maybe I should take some medicine to get my temperature down. If I can walk down the staircase, that is. Considering I can barely hold my head up, I'm assuming that walking will be a difficult task.

My feet touch the floor as I slowly stand up from my spot in bed. A sense of dizziness immediately takes over. My body collapses back onto the bed behind me. Okay, so it's been determined that I can not walk, which will make today much harder than it already was. All I can think about is the wrath coming from my parents for being lazy. The minute they step foot into the house after work, yelling, screaming, and hitting will begin. I am not looking forward to that. My head hits the pillow as I check my phone once again.

Harry 🍉: i'm so sorry to hear that. if there's anything i can do for you, please let me know

Harry 🍉: oh, and i'll be stopping by your place shortly, if that's okay with you

Confusion takes over my face. Harry's stopping by? If you would've told me three days ago that Harry Styles would be coming over today, I would've laughed in your face.

Me: you're more than welcome to stop by, as long as you don't mind my feverish state

Harry 🍉: i don't mind. could I stop by in twenty minutes? i'm going to be on that side of town

Me: that sounds good. better start making my way downstairs now, lol. walking has proven to be difficult

Harry 🍉: please don't hurt yourself, or push yourself too far. if you have a spare key, i can let myself in, that way you don't have to get out of bed

Me: it's under the doormat

Life is crazy. One minute you're a big Harry Styles fan, and the next minute, he's coming over to your house. Is the house clean enough to have guests over? Do I look too stupid? Should I put makeup on?