one call away

Harry's POV:

Who the fuck does Matilda's mum think she is? Who talks to their child like that? Who talks to anyone like that? I won't lie, I'm pissed, but Matilda asked to go upstairs, and I don't want to keep her waiting. I might've only just met her a couple of days ago, but I'm already growing fond of the girl.

Helping her up the stairs and into bed is a process that takes longer than expected. I was hoping to get to lay by her side for a few more moments, but I have somewhere to be. Mitch, Sarah, and I are meeting up for lunch and what will hopefully become a songwriting session. They might not be songwriters, but they'll be able to give input on what instruments might sound good with the material I come up with. It's a team effort. I cover Matilda's body with her blankets that are the same colors as the ones on the cover of Fine Line. I find it adorable that she's such a huge fan. Her entire room is decked out in... Me. 

"I have to head out, Matilda. I'm having lunch with Mitch and Sarah."

"Mitch and Sarah? Your drummer and guitarist?'' A smile appears on my face purely from the fact that she can recognize who Mitch and Sarah are. Those are two people who are incredibly important to me. Coming into my life means that a few people will also be hanging out with you- Tom, Tyler, Mitch, Sarah, Paulie and my family. We're all one big family at this point, honestly.

"Yeah. They're in town. We're meeting at a little cafe downtown."

"Okay. Have fun." The pained expression on her face makes me want to stay right by her side, but I've had this lunch planned for weeks. Besides, I'm sure that she'll just want to sleep anyways. I make sure to say see you later to Matilda before heading out. I hop in my car and start the long drive towards the cafe that I'm meeting Mitch and Sarah at, brainstorming ideas for songs while on the road. Writing music is something that has thankfully always come naturally to me.

I pull into a space in the car park, hopping out and walking inside. Luckily, I know the owner of this restaurant, so he was able to close the doors for a couple of hours while we enjoy a nice lunch. Privacy is something that I truly value. While I love my fans, dragging my loved ones into the public eye isn't something I'm willing to do without permission. There's a great risk of having someone such as a stalker, or worse, a murderer, showing up to my exact location, which is the main reasoning behind me valuing my private life.

The first thing I notice upon arrival is Mitch and Sarah sitting across from each other at a booth. It's just the two of them, which is rare to see these days. During the spring season, they welcomed a little baby, who was quick to become a celebrity within the recording studio. Me, Tyler, and Tom would all take turns holding the small little human. Oddly enough, it gave me inspiration. Not for a specific song, per say. The fact that one day Mitch and Sarah's child could hear and love my songs was enough motivation to create quite a few songs.

"Hey, man." Mitch says, coming up to me and pulling my body into an embrace.

"Hey, Mitchell, hey Sarah. How're things?" I ask, choosing the seat next to Sarah.

"Pretty good." Sarah says, glancing over the laminated menu in front of her.

"How's the little one?"

"You owe me twenty pounds, babe." Sarah laughs, looking at Mitchell, who sighs, but reluctantly hands the money over.

"Why does he owe you money, exactly?" A confused expression is evident in my facial features as I watch the exchange between my friends.