| 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 |

CHAPTER FIVE...

"Throw the gun out into the sea

"Throw the gun out into the sea." Kate suggested as Kris, Kylie, and herself were driven down the road. "Why in the world does Dad even have one in the first place? It's so dumb."

"He thinks it'll make us safer." Kris rolled her eyes.

"That's so weird."

"Well, at least I got my gun license." Kris smiled giddily.

"I hated watching that." Katherine whispered to Kylie as her sister nodded. They had watched as their mother shot the target repeatedly for a little while and took the written test. Although she hated that her mother was filmed shooting a gun, she was proud of Kris considering that she knew nothing about guns.

She was, however, a bit mad at Kendall because she had went out and gotten a gun license, and she wanted the gun in the house. She understood that with how successful their family was, there would be brake-ins and shit would happen. But that was what millions of dollars of security were for. This whole thing was pointless if the intruder used the gun against them. That was her fear.

Once the three arrived home, Kris showed her certificate to an impressed Bruce, who stupidly agreed to give their stubborn mother the gun.

As soon she hid it, they went out and bought cement mix, immediately getting it ready while following the directions and looking out for Bruce. They dropped the pistol into the bucket full of quick-dry and left it to sit overnight. And they would have gotten away with it too. If it hadn't been for the question that Kris forgot to think about the answer for.

"Where's the gun?"

Kris cheekily avoided the question with her sly smile as she and Bruce walked on eggshells around each other.

It all ended with Bruce taking the gun he bought for Kris, which backfired in their faces. But as long as Kate never had to see the gun, she really didn't care. She hopefully would forget about it after a few days.

"Well that was kinda pointless." Kate laughed with her sister and Kris.

"What a waste of a good afternoon."