| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 |

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE...

2019

Kate couldn't believe it. She, and Rome obviously, had to evacuate their Hidden Hills home because of the brush wild fires surrounding the area. And she wasn't taking any risks.

She just wished it didn't have to happen in the middle of the night.

"Come on baby." Kate sighed and lifted the almost one-year-old, who was calm like always as he just played with his stuffed bunny. He dropped it as she picked him up by his armpits, and he whined as Kate began to walk down the long hallway and didn't notice.

"Oops, sorry Ro." She sighed, breathing heavily as she squatted with the extra weight on her hip to get his comfort toy. "We gotta go." She struggled, walking into her kitchen to grab her breast pump and other necessities for her baby.

Kim's house was already confirmed to be on fire. So Khloe, Kourtney, and Kate were staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel with their children while Kim and Kanye were down in San Francisco with their own kids.

Everyone was tearful for their properties, but Kate wasn't worried. She could rebuild. She could take care of any property damage. But she couldn't replace her own life. Her baby's life. All that mattered to her was their safety, and her family's.

Kylie was on tour with Travis, Kendall's house was out of the path of the fire, Scott was at his apartment, and Kris and Corey were at their own Condo. Everyone was alright, the whole severity of the situation was just scary and very sad to experience. Everyone had worked hard to own their properties, so for all that hard work to be burned to the ground was a terrifying thought.

It did eventually sort itself out, but Kate was staying with Kendall for a few extra days just to make sure nothing would happen. Kendall didn't mind. Romeo was literally the easiest baby. Kendall always secretly insisted that Rome and Stormi were her favorite niece and nephew anyways.

Katherine didn't even have time to breathe before she realized she still had to shoot Ariana's "Thank You, Next" music video that she was featured in and Kris was going to be making a cameo in as a Mean Girls mom, or "Mrs. George".

"Hi!" Kate squealed and strutted inside the studio in her stilettos with Rome on her hip passed out, as Ariana squealed back excitedly. Since they were still under Scooter's label together, they were pretty close. "Oh my God, it's been so long! You've got a baby!" She smiled cutely. 

"I do!" Kate giggled back. "He's asleep right now, but this is Rome." Kate chuckled while Ariana whispered a "hi" with her bright smile and gently touched his cheek. "Aww, he's so precious!"