Getaways

Rain has no idea where they are going, P'Phayu won't tell him. Rain hadn't even packed his own bags, P'Phayu had taken care of everything. So he doesn't even know what sort of clothes he has for the trip. Rain only knows that they will be gone 10 days and where they are going is somewhere near Phuket because that's where they are flying into.  Rain is almost vibrating with excitement as they reach the airport. He's been on several trips with his parents, to Korea, to Europe and even one memorable one to the US to visit a distant relative. However, he has never been as excited as he is now, going on a trip with his boyfriend.

"P'Phayu..."

"No."

"But I haven't said anything...." Rain protested.

"You were going to ask where we are going, I've already told you it won't be a surprise if I tell you." P'Phayu reached over and ruffled his hair.

"I wasn't." Rain pouted although that's exactly what he was going to ask.

When they land at the Phuket airport, they are met by a driver that takes them to the marina to catch a boat. In about forty five minutes they reach the most beautiful island that Rain has ever seen. "Oh, P'Phayu, are we really staying here?"

"Like it, cute boy?" Rain can only nod.

They aren't alone on the island, there are staff and other guests, but each villa is set up to make them feel like they are on their own private island until they go to the community area or take part in group tours to see the local wildlife.

P'Phayu carries their bags to their villa and there Rain discovers they have their own private pool and a small wooden building he thinks is a mini sauna. Down the steps from their villa is their own strip of beachfront. Everything about the villa is luxurious. The bed is massive, full of soft looking pillows. There is a jacuzzi spa tub, a glass  enclosed shower, a small kitchen area, and a sitting room with massive doors that open onto the pool. Rain tries to see everything at once.

Phayu watched as Rain explored their villa in wonder. He would have to send Pai's uncle Frost a thank you gift for finding them this perfect spot. They could spend their time alone at the villa or join others at the community area as they wished. There was food for them in the room or if they eventually did decide to leave their room there were restaurants. They might even join some of the wildlife tours later in the week.

Sky sighed. He is not sure who is being more childish, his Pa or P'Pai. They had been home for four days and the two had barely spoken a dozen words to each other in the past three. They were even making Sky relay messages to each other. It had all been such a stupid misunderstanding.

P'Pai had meant to be helpful, he had only offered to pay for Sky's dad to hire a maid because Sky had spent much of his second day home cleaning. Sky always cleaned when he came home, he enjoyed doing that for his Pa, but P'Pai hadn't realized that. So that had been his mistake.

Pa didn't have to be so offended for his part though. It must have hurt his pride a little, that's the only explanation for the way he had reacted. He just didn't realize that offering to pay for things was P'Pai's love language.

Sky had tried talking to each individually but both had taken the "I will apologize if he will" stance with neither willing to go first. After tonight's disastrous dinner Sky has had enough. He had spent all his time playing go between to the two grown men sitting not 5 feet feet from each other until he was ready to dump the bowl of rice on both their heads.

That's when Sky has decided to run away from home. He leaves a note on the kitchen table that  simply reads, "Don't bother calling or texting me until the two of you can act like adults." He's not going far,  just to the house his grandmother had left him. He is absolutely not coming back until the two apologize and talk it out.

Pai is startled when he awakens and realizes Sky is no where to be found. When he finds the note he can't help but to feel guilty. While he and Sky's Pa had been arguing they had forgotten to take Sky's feelings into account. Pai knows that Sky grew up with his parents constantly bickering and he has been unconsciously doing the same thing. It was time to make things up to Sky but first he had to appease his Pa.

Speaking of, "Oh it's you. Where's Sky?"

"He's run away from home and it's our fault." Pai shows him the note. "Pa, I'm sorry. I only wanted to help honestly. I didn't mean to imply you weren't capable of running a house."

The older man thinks this over then nods, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said that you try to solve everything with money. You were just trying to take care of my Sky."

"You're my family too now, Pa. I also wanted to take care of you. I overstepped my boundaries though."

"And I shouldn't have let pride get the best of me. Let's go get our Sky back. I think I know where he's gone to and it will be better than trying to convince him we're made up over the phone. You can drive rich boy. I have been dying to ride in that luxury car of yours."

Pai laughed and grabbed his keys.

Rain is being unusually still and quiet, almost holding his breath. He is trying not to disturb the hornbill that is currently in residence on the balcony by the pool. He has never seen one so up close before and the sight amazes him. Unfortunately he had to choose that moment to let out a loud sneeze, startling the bird into flight.

Phayu bit back a laugh at the disgruntled look on Rain's face. He pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry we will see plenty tomorrow when we go on the island tour. Are you ready to go get something to eat?" It's their fourth day on the island and they have decided to try out a restaurant. It will be the first time they have left the villa and beach since they arrived. It's been a wonderful four days full of sun, swimming in both the pool and ocean, relaxing, and plenty of other activities. Phayu smirks slightly at the thought of those activities.

Sky couldn't help but smile at the pictures P'Phayu posted in group chat. Rain proudly displaying a pink hibiscus he had behind his ear, Rain looking up in wonder at a group of tropical birds on a branch, Rain almost close enough to touch a flying lemur clinging to the side of a tree, Rain riding piggyback on P'Phayu like a monkey both laughing.

Sky added a picture of his own. Him standing between his Pa and P'Pai arms slung around both their necks.