The Car

Rain is smiling and chatting happily with the nurse who is checking the fit of the sling around his shoulder when Phayu rushes into the room.

"Rain are you okay?" Phayu says breathlessly. He had been terrified when he got the call from Sky that Rain had been in a car accident and they had taken him to the hospital.

"I'm fine, P'Phayu, just a sprained wrist. I just have to wear this sling for a couple days to keep it from moving too much. I can go home now right?" Rain asks the nurse.

"You are all set, nong. Do you have someone at home to take care of you? Remember the doctors orders are that you can't use that arm at all." The nurse says.

"My parents are out of the country, P'Phayu will take care of me. He always takes care of me. He's my boyfriend." Rain barely gets out the last word before letting out a huge yawn.

The nurse smiles fondly at him then turns to Phayu. "Looks like the painkillers are kicking in. He will probably sleep most of the night. Let him get plenty of rest, don't let him use that wrist for a couple of days, don't let him get the bandage wet. He has a prescription for a milder painkiller, you should probably get that filled before you take him home."

"I will take care of it, thank you." Phayu helps Rain stand and puts an arm around his shoulder to support him. Rain looks a little like a drunk kitten and Phayu can't help but to smile at that image.

P'Phayu spends the next couple days trying to spoil Rain as much as possible. By the third day though Rain is ready to have the sling off and do things on his own. He also isn't happy that P'Phayu has had to take off work and is basically waiting on him hand and foot. It makes Rain feel like a burden.

P'Phayu insists on taking Rain to his family doctor before letting him remove the sling just in case. Rain can't help but roll his eyes a little at this, it was just a mild sprain not a broken arm. Even the doctor at the hospital had said that a return visit wasn't necessary.

"Everything appears fine." The doctor says, and Rain resists the urge to tell P'Phayu 'I told you so.' "You should be okay to go without the sling now. Come back if you feel any unusual pain or discomfort in that wrist in the next few weeks. Your wrist may still be tender for a while."

Rain may be fine but his poor BMW is not. Phayu had it towed to the garage and, when he had seen it, he had felt the strength leave his legs. The car was completely totaled, it was a miracle that Rain walked away with only a mild sprain and a few bruises.

Even Rain, who usually cares nothing for cars, sheds a few tears over the loss of his "baby". It's been in his family since he was fifteen and his dad had gifted it to Rain when he had been accepted into the architecture faculty. Besides which it was thanks to this car that he had met the handsome "big bike brother" who is now his boyfriend.

Before they even begin car shopping Phayu pulls out a notebook and begins to list wants.

Phayu wants:

High safety rating
Dependable
Good warranty
Good gas mileage
Top notch navigation system
Security system
Plenty of room
Blind spot detection
Bluetooth
Automatic cruise control
Smart entry system

Rain wants:

A high tech stereo system
A cool color

Phayu raises his eyebrows at Rain's list, but Rain only grins at him. "You know more about cars, I trust your judgment on all that other car-y stuff."

Next Phayu spends many hours researching different cat models until he decides a crossover is what would suit Rain best, smaller than a full sized SUV but still plenty of room for transporting models. He finally decides on a Honda CR-V which has almost all the features available they both want. They test drive a couple, well Phayu test drives them for the most part, and likes the way they feel.

Phayu decides he is going to have one custom built just for Rain, nothing off the local lot for his cute boy. He lets Rain pick out the color he wants although nothing too flashy. They finally settle on a dark metallic blue. Phayu doesn't forget to add the best stereo system available either.

Rain is practically vibrating with excitement the day they go to pick it up. This will be his first new car and this one was built especially for him. How can he not be excited?

Once all the paperwork work is done, the dealer takes them out to show them how all the features work. Rain listens carefully for once, this is his new baby, he wants to know every little thing about it. It really is a beautiful vehicle, even P'Phayu seems impressed with the end result.

Once they get it home Rain takes several pictures of it to post to his instagram. He can't wait to take all his friends for a ride.