Take your boyfriend to work day

"What's take your boyfriend to work day?" Rain asked P'Pai eagerly.

Pai had come to pick up Sky at Phayu's house where Phayu had been helping them both work on a project. Now they were discussing Sky's and Rain's plans since their classes had been canceled for the next Friday so their classroom could be repainted over the weekend.

"It's not a real holiday, P'Pai just made it up." Sky tells Rain. This causes Rain's face to fall.

"I did not, Rainy boy, don't listen to Sky. It is a one hundred percent legitimate holiday." P'Pai says sulkily, causing Sky to roll his eyes.

"Which just happens to fall on a day when our classes are canceled?" Sky asks.

"Of course, a complete coincidence. So Sky has to go to work with me on Friday. Please." He gives his best puppy dog pleading eyes at this. Sky huffs but knows he will eventually give in. He never can really resist that look as hard as he tries.

Rain turns to P'Phayu and excitedly asks, "Can I really go to work with you Friday? Please?"

P'Phayu smiles and ruffles his hair, "I'll have to ask P'Mhok but I'm sure it will be okay."

And that's how the completely one hundred percent legitimate, not at all made up by Pai, holiday of take your boyfriend to work day was born.

Sky can't help but look in wonder around the office building. It was much larger and richly furnished than he expected and he knew the P'Pai's family owns the entire building, and that they rent out some of the lower offices to other businesses.

P'Pai introduces Sky to all the staff as they move through the office. Sky's immediate favorite is P'Tan, P'Pai's secretary.  She has a dry wit that Sky likes and is strict with P'Pai which Sky can appreciate.

P'Pai's office is on the top floor and Sky is sure that his dad's entire house could easily fit into the one room. He also notes with satisfaction that there is a table where he can set up and work on his assignments. Sky is determined that just because he is here doesn't mean P'Pai gets to shirk his responsibilities for the day.

Apparently P'Tan echoes this sentiment because she immediately brings P'Pai a stack of file folders for him to work on and asks if Sky would like anything to drink.

"What about me?" P'Pai asks but they both ignore him.

"Water please," Sky says.

"Bring me a water too." P'Pai calls after her, and she does return with two bottles of water, and another stack of paperwork for P'Pai.

Pai really does try to be good and get his work done but Sky is just too adorable when he is concentrating on assignments. He can't resist occasionally slipping over to stand behind Sky and just watching him. Namtan seems to have a sixth sense on when her boss is slacking off though because she manages to show up to shoo him back to his desk every time.

P'Phayu takes Rain to meet his boss first thing. "Rain this is my boss, P'Mhok. P'Mhok this is Rain, my boyfriend."

Rain gave a wai and said happily, "nice to meet you, Phi."

"Nice to meet you, Rain. Phayu tells me you study architecture as well?" Rain nods, "well if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask."

Rain moves from one person to the next asking questions about what they are doing and admiring their work on blueprints and models.

Phayu watches in amusement as Rain pretty much wraps everyone in the office around his little finger. Even sour old P'Dak who doesn't like anyone seems to be instantly charmed by Rain. He stops what he is doing and shows Rain some of the antiquated methods they taught in his day. Rain seems fascinated by these.

That afternoon Rain was even allowed to sit in with a client meeting, as long as he promised to sit quietly. Rain watches wide eyed at the negotiations between P'Mhok and the client with frequent inputs by P'Phayu, who is going to lead the project. Luckily this is one of those clients that, after stating their needs and desires, are happy to let the experts take over the details without too much micromanaging.

After that Rain sits next to Phayu and watches in awe as he begins to draw up the plans based on the client's request. Phayu basically maps out the entire  process of turning an idea into a physical plan that will eventually be a house for the client. Rain nods and eagerly asks questions about every step of the process.

That night Phayu, Pai, Rain, and Sky meet for a double date of dinner and a movie. Over dinner, Rain tells Sky all about his trip to P'Phayu's office and presses Sky for details about P'Pai's office.

Sky tells a funny story about P'Tan threatening to lock P'Pai in a closet with only his laptop and paperwork after the fifth time she came in and caught him hovering over Sky instead of doing his own work.

Rain then tells how nice old P'Dak showed him some techniques they didn't teach in school anymore and he promised to show them to Sky.

Phayu and Pai smile at them as they each of their boyfriends enthusiastically share tales about their day. Phayu thinks that this was actually one of Pai's better ideas. Maybe this really should be a yearly holiday.