Surprise party

Rain was difficult to surprise, his boy was nosy and inquisitive about everything. That is why Phayu had come up with this two part birthday gift for him. The first part was Phayu taking Rain and his parents for a week long trip during the school holidays. They were going to Korat to visit Phayu's parents and see some of the local architecture.

The second part he was currently discussing with Pai and Sky, who had agreed to cat sit while they were away. Even for this Phayu had to recruit Ple, Phan, and Anya to take Rain shopping.

"So let me get this straight, you are building Rain a dance studio in your gym and you want me and Sky to supervise." Pai said.

"Not at all," Phayu corrected, "I want Sky to supervise. I have told the foreman of the crew that Sky and only Sky has last word on any changes or additions made to the original plan." He says this with a warning look at Pai.

Rain is excited to be going to Korat, he has never been. He has met P'Phayu's parents twice when they have come to Bangkok and both sets of parents have also had dinner together.

It will be so much fun staying for the week with both sets of his parents. Best birthday gift ever in his opinion.

"Absolutely not," Sky looks at the concept sketch P'Pai has had the architect, P'Phayu's colleague, make for Rain's dance studio incredulously. Has P'Pai lost his mind? P'Phayu would kill them both if the studio included a stripper pole.

P'Pai sulks a little at this. "It's a legitimate form of dance." He says

"I'm sure it is," says Sky, "But not one that Rain is interested in. He studies K-pop groups and idols dances. He doesn't do the sort of routine that uses a pole."

"I don't know, Phayu might enjoy it." He hears P'Pai mumble. There is no way Sky is approving a stripper pole though.

Sky looked around, pleased with how everything was coming together. The polished hardwood floor was installed, the sound suppression wall panels installed, wall length mirrors adorned two sides of the room, the big screen tv and surround sound speakers were hung just waiting for the electrician to come and install the wiring, it was going to be a studio a professional idol would be envious of. They only liked finishing the lighting and decorations.

He turned and frowned when he saw P'Pai coming towards him with a handful of computer print outs looking gleeful. Now what?

Sky looked in disbelief at the print outs that showed a retro 70s style club complete with a disco ball.

"Retro is cool." P'Pai said proudly.

"I am not sure disco balls were ever cool when they were new." Sky says with a laugh causing P'Pai to pout.

No disco balls. Check.

Sky is feeding Stormy and Cloud their dinner when his phone rings. It is P'Pai's brother Plerng who is helping Sky find an interior decorator for the studio. There's not a lot that needs to be done for the studio, P'Phayu just wanted it to have those perfect little touches that Rain would love.

"Sky, I am sending you the contact information of a guy I think would be perfect." Plerng tells him.

"Before I call him and say the wrong thing, I need to ask, is this one of your ex boyfriends?" Sky asks him.

"Of course," Plerng says, "but he still likes me. We parted on good terms."

Plerng hangs up and Sky receives the text message notification with the decorator's contact information. Unlike his brother Plerng has exceptional taste, if he says the guy is good, he is probably the best.

Speaking of, P'Pai is heading towards him with another stack of drawings.

"Why," Sky asks trying to keep his cool, "would Rain want a full sized bar in his studio? Rain doesn't even drink."