Anniversary

Phayu's  brows knit together and he stared at Rain incredulously, "You want me to wear what?"

"A button up shirt and a sweater vest, with your glasses. I want to take some pictures for instagram. Please." Rain says making his eyes go wide in a way that always makes Phayu melt. Phayu doesn't even thing Rain is conscious of doing it, his boy is just too cute for his own good.

"Rain, I don't even own a sweater vest," Phayu tries a different tactic.

Rain proudly produces a bag with the name of a shop that Phayu is pretty sure his grandfather might have shopped at 50 years ago. "Now you do," Rain says with a grin.

Phayu sighs and takes the bag.

"So what are you and P'Phayu doing for your anniversary?" Ple asks.

"Anniversary?" Rain has been admiring the photos he'd posted to instagram over the weekend so Ple's question caught him off guard.

"Your one year anniversary since you and P'Phayu became official." Ple says.

"Oh!" Rain looks down at the couple bracelet that P'Phayu had given him almost a year ago and smiles at the memory. "I don't know. What are you and P'Pai doing?" He asks Sky.

"Not 100 percent sure but I am think it involves an orchestra.' Sky said with a sigh.

"You agreed to that?!?" Phan says surprised.

"It was a compromise, his first idea was to rent a private jet to go to Europe for the weekend. I gave him free reign as long as he stays in the Bangkok city limits." Both Sky and Phan rolled their eyes at this.

"Europe?" Anya asked surprised.

"Don't ask, P'Pai is nothing if it's not over the top." Phan said, "Don't worry at least I don't take after him in that way." She have Anya a wink causing the other girl to blush.

"Why don't you and P'Phayu go to that new club that just opened," Sig said. "P'Som and I went there on a date. The band is awesome, and they have an exotic cocktail menu out of this world."

"I don't really drink though." Rain said unsure.

Sig's eyes lit up with a teasing light at this, "Aww nong Fon, you have to drink on your one year anniversary, it's bad luck not to."

"Don't call me nong Fon, and you just made that up." Rain said pouting.

"No it's true," Sig said. "Right everyone?" Rain looked suspiciously around the table as everyone nods, except Anya. She keeps her head down and doesn't participate in the group's favorite game, teasing Rain.

"How come I never heard of it before?" Rain said.

"Have you ever had a one year anniversary before? That's why." Sig said.

"Oh," Rain said, still not completely believing but maybe it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Rain pulled up the club Sig recommended on P'Phayu's tablet. It really did look nice. The food looked good and the band had excellent reviews. He then pulled up the drink menu titled exotic concoctions. His eyes went wide, some of the drinks were on fire! Oh he had to try one of those.

He sends the link to Sky as well. If the orchestra or whatever P'Pai has planned is too much maybe they would rather come here instead. Rain bets that Sky can talk P'Pai around to it.

The club is even more beautiful than it looked on the website. Rain, Sky, P'Pai, and P'Phayu have even gotten VIP seating thanks to P'Pai's uncle and his connections. Sky thinks that this was a very good idea and he's glad that Rain suggested it. P'Pai had sulked a little at first but now that he was here, even he looked impressed with the place.

"Can we order drinks, P'Phayu?" Rain asks once they are seated. "Please I just want to try one and they have some that are on fire!" 

"Alright, I will get you one, but absolutely not one on fire, stay here." P'Phayu gets up and walks to the bar. Sky noticed P'Pai's raised eyebrows at this, why not order from the waitress? P'Phayu is obviously up to something.

P'Phayu comes back with two couples drinks in coconuts. Rain talks Sky into taking a picture of Rain and P'Phayu with the drink for Rain's precious instagram.

He and P'Pai take a sip of their own drink and share an amused look. Sky doesn't drink much but even he can tell there is no alcohol in this. Rain seems oblivious, giggling so much after a few sips that Sky wonders if there is such a thing as being placebo drunk.

Phayu and Pai look on amusement when Rain pulls Sky onto the dance floor. Practicing some of the newest K-pop dance moves, which as always Rain is extremely talented at.

"Should, I tell him?" Pai teases, "I'm going to tell him."

"Don't you dare," Phayu says, "let him have his fun."

"Up to you but just wait until he tries to dance on the bar."

Luckily Sky is there to keep Rain from any bar dancing antics. Phayu and Pai even join them for one particularly fun line dance. Phayu decides that being here with this boy and their friends is going to be one of the highlights of his life. It's hard to believe it's already been a year since his sweet boy said yes. He only wants many more years just like this.

Phayu takes an extremely clingy Rain home. He can't help but wonder a little what Rain would be like if he had given him actual alcohol, probably better not to find out.

Rain wakes the next morning with no ill effects from the previous night. Oh maybe he wasn't the type to get hangovers, good. Although he probably won't drink again, it's just not his thing.

He goes down where P'Phayu has breakfast waiting for them. He wonders if he can talk P'Phayu into buying them a set of Joseon hanboks of course only because he wants them to take pictures. No other reason, of course not.

********

Notes:

To answer Sky's question placebo drink is absolutely a thing.