chapter one

Megh sat there on her porch swing contemplating her luck. She would be the only person in her senior class that has to go in on a Saturday to take a test. It wasn't her fault her father had decided to up and disappear from her like a month ago and her mother followed suit just a few days later leaving her the day that Megh had turned eighteen. It wasn't even that she was angry at her mother, no the feeling of betraying were because of her father. Her father had been the rock of her life, her friend, her piano partner and she had been his little pearl. She sighed as she looked across the wave slamming against the cliff that was less the ten feet away from her. She loved the sound of the wave and she felt that there was always a song to be heard in them but lately she could almost hear the tune of an old Irish folk song about the waterfolk banging against the cliffs. It made her want to dance across the beach at the bottom of the cliffs and dive into the water. Flipping her hair over her shoulder she went inside her house to check on her appearance. Her beautiful eyes well the green gold colour she loved so much, and there was this gorgeous purple ring around the iris. The slightly wavy hair was chestnut but it had this one streak in it that had been there since her birth. It was so black it was almost blue and Megh loved it. She silently promised herself that she would go down to the beach at the bottom of the cliffs the second she got back from this bloody test. With that resolve in mind, she walked out to the street and began the mile long walk to her school.