Chapter 8

(THIS HAS OVER 400 READS WHAT- 

Thank you all so, so so much for this! You get an early chapter as a reward!)

After Marcy had gotten dressed, (again), she hurried back to her room, hiding the pocket knife in her suitcase. 

The core had been silent so far, and Marcy was enjoying every second of it. 

"Not so high and mighty now, huh?" She mused, getting no response. 

As she got dressed, an ache began on her back, and Marcy sighed, not knowing what it was but not caring enough to investigate.

A sudden, loud beeping startled her. 

Marcy ran out of her room to the kitchen in sweatpants, sliding her oversized hoodie on (she had chosen this clothing item on purpose for...obvious reasons related to her arms,) just as she came into the room, "What the-"

She was cut off by another loud scream from the smoke detector. 

"Shut up you stupid-"

"Oh, hey Mar Mar," Anne said nonchalantly, cutting off Sasha as the blonde fanned at the smoke detector, "I may have burned ONE pancake, and then this thing started screaming at me. It's too sensitive." She grumbled that last part, making Marcy chuckle. 

"Soooo it may take a LITTLE longer to make these, but uh-"

Marcy waved her hand, "It's fine, Anne-Banana,"

"No, it isn't!" The core suddenly roared, "We're STARVING!"

Marcy winced, closing her eyes as she reflexively brought a hand to her head. Her back ached. 

"Woah, Marcy you okay?" She opened her eyes to see Anne staring at her in concern. The smoke alarm had stopped beeping, and Sasha had her eyes on her too.

"O-oh! Yea! J-just a- uh headache."

"Smooth."

"Shut up! Do you want me to do it again?"

"Oof, that sucks Marbles, do you want some painkillers or anything?"

Marcy shook her head, "No, I'll just drink some water, I'll be fine."

"Our stomach will not be full with just WATER."

"SHUT UP OR I WON'T EAT AT ALL."

"...Marcy, just give us control, everything would be so much easier if you would just give us what we want. We're in pain Marcy, our arms hurt, and our back and we're hungry."

"Welcome to being human," Marcy grumbled back, sipping the cup of water she had gotten. "Your complaining only fuels me."

"..."

"Y'know, I think I could go for a cigarette right about now, you?"

"Host, you better not."

"Oh, so I'm 'Host' now? What happened to using all those friendly names?"

"We have decided that you are not as submissive as we thought you were. You get no pleasant names."

"I still bet you're gonna slip up, and call me one,"

"Shut up cretin!"

"You never shut up when I tell you to,"

"So?"

"So do you think I'm gonna?"

"..."