Chapter 10

Darcy stood, a look of twisted joy on their face.

"Anne! Sasha! How've you two been?"

Anne stumbled back, Sasha catching her. The blonde's mouth still hung open as Darcy turned Marcy's neck to the side, a sickening crack was heard as they popped their neck, and Sasha flinched.

"I-is- is this- I mean-" Anne studdered.

Darcy raised an eyebrow, "Wanna try that again? Re-string those words?" Their voice was distorted, a mix between Marcy's voice and others.

Then Darcy began to take Marcy's oversized hoodie off.

(Don't question the fact that she isn't in a hospital gown or anythin')

"Uh-" Sasha began, "What are you-"

"Taking this annoying thing off! We're too hot!" Darcy grunted, struggling to take the hoodie off.

They finally got the thing off, breathing out a sigh of relief as they tossed it to the side.

Marcy had no shirt underneath, just a sports bra.

Anne and Sasha both blushed, the blonde's eyes widening as well.

The large, circular scars from the tubes in the rejuvenation tank were visible, as well as a bit of Marcy's scar on her chest. And...something else on her arm?

That's when the two realized that Marcy had a tattoo.

It was on her left upper arm, a beautiful design of a bird surrounded by roses.

Joe Sparrow.

A small smile crossed Anne's face before she noticed something else.

On (Marcy's?) Darcy's right forearm was four fresh scratches, still red. They were so new that they had barely scabbed over.

Darcy saw Anne staring, and chuckled, running their fingers over the marks, "You're quite curious about these, aren't you?"

Anne could only nod.

"Well, Marcy wanted to...let's say punish us."

Sasha looked confused, "What do you mean?"

Darcy blinked, "Us and Marcy are connected. She hurts, we hurt. She's hungry, we're hungry. It works like that. Once Marcy figured this out, she decided to punish us for not shutting up."

"I'm not following," Sasha murmured.

The core rolled their five eyes. They began to make their way down the hallway, gesturing for Anne and Sasha to follow them.

They could've just attacked Darcy then and there, and thrown them to the ground, demanding Marcy back, but the thought didn't come into their mind.

Once in the guest room, Darcy began to dig for something in Marcy's suitcase. "Aha!" They declared.

Turning back to Anne and Sasha, they pressed the pocket knife to the skin on their forearm, making a swiping motion without actually doing any damage.

Anne gasped and covered her mouth. Tears stung her eyes.

"Y-you're not saying that she-"

Darcy chuckled, "Oh, I am."

"'I'm gOnNa gO tAke A sHoWeR!'" They mimicked Marcy, waving the blade in the air. "BS. She just wanted to hurt herself to punish us, and then wash away any evidence.

Sasha felt sick.

"Now that all that information is out of the way," The core said in a sing-song voice, twirling the pocket knife between their fingers, "Let's play a game, hmm?"