Chapter 17

3rd POV. Cafe LycoReco.

With the revelation of Chisato's remaining time to live......

Takina is having a hard time to process it.

What about Chihiro? As someone who knew the truth for so long, he's mentally prepared.

For Kurogane Chihiro, he knew that at some point, he will also part ways with the people he cares about.

Chihiro knows that very well. Why is he not really showing he's much affected?

He witnessed someone dying from a heart disease. Who was it?

It was none other his mother, Aoi, who died from a heart disease, similar to Chisato's condition.

He even wondered at some point, if his mother didn't have that condition in the first place, would she be able to watch Chihiro and Chinatsu grow up?

Then another question came from his mind,"Will Mom also suffer the same fate of being murdered, like Dad and Chinatsu?"

He thought, "I think its better that my mother wouldn't suffer a much more cruel fate."

All of these thoughts occurred to him while he is sitting on one of the cafe's chair on the upper floor.

Chihiro: Welp, I'd just rather do what I have to do.

Chihiro: Also......

Chihiro: Chisato.....are you really sure?

Chihiro: I mean, wouldn't you be upset and hurt if I choose Takina over you?

Chihiro: Let's say, even if you didn't had that condition? Would you still ask me to choose Takina over you?

Chihiro smiled as he gently shakes his head.

Chihiro: I'm sure, you would still ask me the same.

Chihiro: You would choose the happiness of other people than your own.

Chihiro: Then as for Takina.....I think she's also aware of Chisato's feelings.

Chihiro: But I really can't imagine that someone like Takina would develop such feelings.

Chihiro: The first time I met her, I feel like she's more of a robot who is only programmed to follow orders.

Chihiro: Over time, she really developed and grew as a person who is willing to what is right, without following any orders.

Chihiro: If Takina wasn't sent here.....if we haven't met her, I think she would still be the old Takina.

Chihiro: I would also be the same, if I haven't met Chisato. An empty shell of my former self.

Chihiro: No wonder why Chisato wants me to choose Takina over her.

Chihiro: Then, if someone would ask me......who do I like? Wait, no, the question should be.....