🥀

Zaine POV

I had just finished setting the dining room table. I checked the time, calculating the time I would need to get ready. 7:13 p.m. Kortez would be over at eight and since he was right across the hall, he would no doubt show up at eight on the dot. He was a punctual little thing he was. He wouldn't dare keep me waiting, and no doubt would do the same.

I went into my room to take a shower, before getting dressed and dousing myself in my signature cologne. I looked at myself in the mirror when I was done, pleased with my appearance and with time to spare.

I smoothed out any wrinkles I may have had and adjusted my hair before deciding I looked more than handsome

I smoothed out any wrinkles I may have had and adjusted my hair before deciding I looked more than handsome. I was sure Kortez would agree as well. Even if he didn't, I would still be able to smell it on him. 'Fuck, his smell.' He smelled so perfect, the closest I could come to describing it is a mixture of bergamot, roses, and ginger. It drove me wild, and I couldn't get enough of it which was why I kept his panties tucked under my pillow. His sweetness seeping into my dreams every night.

I could feel my pants tighten around my groin and had to slow my breathing to control myself. Never in my decades of living had I ever felt like this, like the sex-starved fools I've had at my beck and call; no, only he could turn my own power against me in such a way. I had to ball my fists, the sting of my nails digging into my flesh helping to distract me. I did not invite him over to just attack him, at least not yet, I wanted to take my time, ease him in as to not overwhelm his simple little mortal mind. That morning had proven that my straightforwardness was not as proficient as I believed, my eagerness to taste him again resulting in a dramatic (although understandable) reaction.

'I would if he would be wearing lace or maybe satin?'

The smell of copper hit my noise as blood stained my fingertips. "For fucks sake", I muttered, huffing as I went to kitchen, the crescent shaped cuts closing by the time I reached the sink and began to rinse the stains away. I dried my hands, pausing to grip the edge of the counter and hang my head. "Get it together, you idiot", I muttered to myself.

This was a decent motivational speech as I went into the pantry to grab a bottle of champagne. I had placed the bottle in the ice bucket by the table when I heard a knock at the door.

A smirk spread on my lips as I looked at my wristwatch, 'Right on time.' I rolled my shoulders back and walked to my front door, ignoring the slight racing of my heart as I grabbed the knob and pulled open the door.

Standing outside my door, better than any delivery from Amazon, was the bane of all my hellish longing.... Kortez. He was dressed in perfectly pressed plaid navy slacks and a fitted short sleeve maroon turtleneck with brown boots. He looked immaculate. The way that fabric hugged his legs made my lip twitch; I could see the way it stretched around his ass clear in my mind. I dragged my eyes slowly back up his body and his broad chest, to the cut of his biceps at the sleeves. I reached his eyes to find him checking me out before I met his soft brown eyes. He looked away as expected, his cheeks a dusty pink at being caught.